Introducing Syntakt

But… from a drum performance perspective, the pads are absolutely necessary. Maybe this industry/audience is filled with a very low percentage of users with physical drumming ability… and I suppose even Elektron themselves gravitate toward a step sequencing rather than live recording type of beat creation… but… it’s a drum machine. Anyway… it’s a nice machine, but I’m certainly looking forward to it’s bigger brother… or maybe just some nice firmware updates for the Rytm. :wink:

4 Likes

Will be ordering, pretty amazing what they’ve created.

3 Likes

Breaking the chain dude.

I don’t own an MD but I just looked at the manual; what machines are from/similar to MD? I see heavy RYTM borrowing and a bit of cycles.
Digital bd maybe?

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts! I might still prefer the sonic depth of the Nord and use my Pyramid to sequence, although I do like the look of some of the new features.

Ordered… now time to read the manual while I wait… I still need to tell my DT and DN that they will have a new friend soon!

1 Like

I also wish AR would have a second LFO. Definitely would allow for some greater sound design.
I feel like it was said it wasn’t possible for some reason or another…but so wat trig conditions on OT. So nothing is off the table imo

2 Likes

Not like A4 - but stereo in via Analogue FX bus if desired and digital effects

3 Likes

gotcha well I have OT so the Syntakt would be groovy for me but heart set on Rytm.

3 Likes

Does anyone know that the “Radio” icon for the machines means? It’s on the screen in their launch video.

I can only speak for myself. I don’t play my AR pads much. Certainly, I wouldn’t fingerdrum live with it. I use the pads to jam rhythmic ideas but then usually programme them. I edit everything of the little that I live record. I often have [Fix] turned on and programme velocity changes. I don’t see the lack of pads on the Syntakt as much of a drawback. I could always by a pad controller (or use the AR I guess). Not that I’m going to get a Syntakt. (despite the urge!!)

1 Like

that is my thought as well and why I like the Rytm MK2 a lot.

“Some call it Swedish sequencing. We call it parameter locking.”

Shouts out to Roland!

SIGH ordered one anyway, thanks a lot loopop

3 Likes

If I hadn’t already ordered one, this video would make me order one, Dave.

8 Likes

Looks really great, congrats @Elektron

2 Likes

just finish the manual reading,
12 track drum computer and synthesizer?
this one how many voice could sound at same time for everytrack?
and just one analog metal?
and my analog kick on track 9?

1 Like

i didnt say machinedrum was only good for fm sounds. i mention cycles because i assume most people who love to argue in these threads will say its more like the cycles than the machinedrum.

the point is, this includes aspects of every popular box, including the heat. that makes it a very impressive groovebox. but technically, yes. you may not hve asked for it. good job

“everyone” is a colloquialism in america. it means “many people” or “a large percentage of people”, like in the syntakt speculation thread where 80% of requests were a digi md and the others were literally everything else this has in it.

who are you mad at? i didnt make this

1 Like

thanks for sharing

8 Likes