Introducing Syntakt

Not at the moment, but this is a much desired feature by many users so…hopefully someday.

Ok, that is a bit weird. I could use Model Sample as the brain and trigger the sample and I presume the Syntakt can receive midi to trigger the drum synth tracks? The MS can just switch midi on and off to mirror the internal trigs so can layer like this

Yes, that should work the other way around! I’m not sure why the Digi line can’t do this yet.

1 Like

So I had no interest in the Syntakt until I finally played one today. I’d not used an Elektron for a while and it was fun remembering how to get everything going. It was running through a Sherman Filterbank and the two together sound amazing.

4 Likes

Cheating ! With a Sherman you can make an acid bassline from a fart sample ! :content:
Recently I used Syntakt with Analog Drive, good expected results, and with OT CUE connected to ST inputs, FX track routing, back in OT, distorted return sent to CUE for feedback…Ah and I have to test with WMD Geiger Counter Civilian…

2 Likes

Just set two synths to the same midi channel

1 Like

One major concern about buying the syntakt (beside missing features like glide and arpeggiator) is the lack of more physical outputs.
Theoretically :
Would it be possible with a firmware update to implement the headphones output as a separate stereo output ?

It got glide/portamento (with legato and gating options in a new submenu) in the 1.10 firmware update. It’s excellent and expressive I think.

From what I’ve read about the other digi boxes, the line outs situation is a hardware limitation. With a computer involved, Overbridge is a robust solution, but class compliant usb audio, line outs, and headphone outs all send the same main mix.

3 Likes

Try this:

1. Put a trig on every step for each track you want mirrored
  2. Route those tracks to the FX track
  3. Use amp envelope “hold” trigs on the FX track to effectively mute all the steps you dont want to hear (as you would to duck a track to imitate side-chain compression)
  4. The tracks you want mirrored will only trigger at the same time

Subtractive sequencing! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Neat idea! I also remember I believe you can put conditional trigs on every step of the neighbor track and then have them only trigger when your current track triggers. But this FX idea sounds like it could lead to fascinating results! FX bus has such great potential for creative processing, and I’m always impressed with how it gives life to my Syntakt sounds.

1 Like

TBH I’m being a little sarcastic because that’s quite a laborious approach, having to input trigs on the fx track for notes you dont want to hear. But it would technically work!

Sure. Perhaps not the most practical solution for the thing I wanted to do, but I bet it could produce some happy accidents! Plus it got me thinking about the trigs and that there is sort of a workaround existing that allows track mirroring using conditional trigs (I think).

I feel the same. There’s just something lacking about the sound. If I had to describe the Syntakt sound with one word, it’d have to be “thin”. Or maybe “artificial”. If I’m generous, I’d call it “otherworldly”. But it’s not the world that gets me curious to explore.

2 Likes

Anyone know why the ST does not have the same arpeggiator function as the digitone or OT?

do you think this may come in time? it seems like such a strange ommission, since many people also use the syntakt for basslines

2 Likes

Often talked about around the forum. Elektron seem to put arps into their “synths” and retrig into their “drum machines”. And the OT has both because it’s the best and oldest.

tnx and sorry I came late to the party (i suspected it was already discussed somewhere in the 2500 posts in this topic).

that sounds like i can stop hoping for an arp in the ST.
luckily I also have an OT, so I can use the OT arp to sequence the ST. At least, this should be technically possible, havent tried it yet

No worries.

Personally, I find hoping for updates is a bad practice that leads to frustration and stress. A gentle “want” and maybe a message to the feature request email address is good tho’.

Should work, yes. The MIDI arp is well featured. You’ll get the MIDI LFOs too…

3 Likes

So, ST should have both too.

3 Likes

Synths: not only arps, but also voice-sharing chords!
:yum:

3 Likes

The Syntakt really needs both. And a chorus. Come on, just copy/paste some code from the Digitone please, Elektron. :pray:

1 Like