Introducing Syntakt

I believe cranking this in the actual UX is actually more challenging, even if of course preserving computation power might be a thing.

1 Like

I’m sure you’re right. I’m just wishing. The customer is always right and all that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Syntakt : Drum Computer & Synthesizer. :wink:

6 Likes

Consider me schooled.

3 Likes

I guess could be accessed through the sound menu

Probably rinsed to death already, but how are the Syntakt kicks like? Maybe compared to Jomox, because that’s what people compare every kick to these days.

I had an XBASE 09, 20 years ago, liked the kick, but I found the MBASE 11 really bad (bought 2 years ago, I had Analog Rytm before). I sold it after 1 hour of tests. Unusable for me because of pitch settings. I don’t think XBASE 09 kick was that bad. I also had an AIRBASE 99, kick was worse than XBASE’s.

Syntakt analog kicks are much more versatile, I prefer them, you can get powerfull kicks. Digital kicks are good too. You can make kicks with most of ST machines (harder with cymbals !).

2 Likes

The kicks are my favorite sounds of the Syntakt. They are powerful and punchy but can also be softer. But imo the typical Mbase Kicks can’t be done with other hardware.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answers people.
Seems it’s not as bad as I thought, as I had the impression people bashed it at first.
I don’t need THE strongest kicks in on the planet because I use a little saturation and distortion on drums anyhow.
The workflow lures me more than that of Jomox.

In case anyone is still on the fence, there’s currently a Syntakt deal at Thomann (799 €).

3 Likes

Just saw Elektron posted about the sale on the Syntakt on IG; they explicitly state that we should “stay tuned for upgrade super powers”…

Let the rampant speculation begin!

6 Likes

Instagram ?
Quote ? (No Instagram link please)

the video reads as Geronimo says above, and the caption reads: [Sale info thru Nov 30] “And stay tuned for a sweet upcoming … upgrading … upleveling!”

5 Likes

I ordered from the Thomann US store last week for $745, this week they are $798? I’m guessing that has to do with exchange rates?

What’s your take on the track they used? It sounded like some vinyl sim and def a little reverb.

I’m thinking you can get vinyl sim from one of the noise machines with some LFO to tune? Maybe rate?

1 Like

I am so happy to own a Syntakt.

It’s a nasty beast with bass and kick. It’s the dirtiest drum machine I own. It’s a little weak on melodics in my opinion, but I’m a fan of Roland, so I’m very biased.

Most my Melodie’s from Syntakt sound like something from a pocket Operator, not that it’s bad by any means.

I would love to hear some ideas to really expanding the chord machines sound palette if anyone has any.

I screenshot people post suggestions and will try to recreate when time allows.

3 Likes

Chord machine is not Syntakt (nor Model:Cycles) strongest point IMO.
But you can use other machines to program chords: you will need several tracks though.

A Retrokit RK002 cable might make things easier, splitting an incoming chord over different tracks you’ll setup beforehand with the same sound.

4 Likes

I have a feeling that it’s a bit more powerful than it initially lets on. I’m just not a synth wiz yet.

I wish you could trigger different timing of chord note like the Roland J6.

That cable would be cool to experiment with though.

decent innings

1 Like

Definitely. And you can use it with midi loopback, hence play “poly” standalone with Keyfold mode…