Introducing Syntakt

happened as well on my Digitone. These are not reliable, Elektron should not use them.

It remembers the subpage you selected when you go back and forth between different menus: So when you’re on the second page of the filter (base width), and then you go to the lfo page and back to filter, it shows the second base width page again.

I use it all the time :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Posted a bunch when i first got it…now coming back with it integrated with the larger setup. Syntakt here is the brain…and it could pattern sync with Digitakt here fine but just went for a more live-play thing. Force is going to be hard to “Slave the scene changes to Elektron” here… but I’ll find a way eventually.

3 Likes

Quick question does the Syntakt modifiers work on midi tracks?

Quick check. Yes for velocity, apparently no retrigs for midi tracks, and limited destination (lfo only) for MOD A/B

2 Likes

Or just people who want a song mode and can’t fathom why Elektron refuses to put one, or saveable chains in it’s Digi line (except for cynical profit making reasons).

2 Likes

I can think of one reason: UX.
How would you simply enough create, save, edit, rename and delete such a song mode in a workflow that is coherent across the Digi line?
In the absence of dedicated button, menus are on the way I guess.

5 Likes

People keep saying this, but I don’t get it.

Like, I get the argument. People buy a Digi box, discover it doesn’t have song mode, then go out and buy one of the flagships. But how many will have actually done that compared to how many people just haven’t bought a digi box based on the lack of song mode?

And what about the people like me, who don’t use song mode, but have bought just about every Elektron box over the years? What cynical marketing ploy made us do that?

Truth is, the vast majority of people buying a digi box will know that it doesn’t have a song mode and will most likely be buying it for other reasons. Also the vast majority of people that value a song mode probably won’t be buying a Digi box.

16 Likes

Adding in some of the most requested features via Launchpad Pro (mk1/2) custom firmware. We’ve got arpeggiator working on Syntakt :slight_smile: A random sequencer (generative patterns). “live re-trigs” but for every track all at once !BOOM! and a little thing I like to call PolyFork (a kind of internal PolyChaining to use multiple tracks like polyphony) -

this was originally built for Digitakt but now I started using it with Syntakt and it works even better in some ways. Check out the video to learn more - at the end I talk about options to port it to more than just Launchpad Pro mk1 - if there is interest in that let me know. Thanks.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if they implement a kind of song mode / pattern chain memory to Digis one day…
Btw, can Syntakt be considered as a Digi ? :content:

Now you are just trolling…!

I wasnt usin syntakt much (been messing on ableton mostly atm).

thought about letting it go a few times, then I use it again n instantly enjoy myself immensely. dancing around the gaf while I write. that’s a rare thing for me, usually I get bored / distracted within minutes. with Syntakt I’m proper absorbed. sounds fkn amazing.

2 Likes

No I’m serious ! As ST is also analog, I wonder if ST/DN/DT are officially called Digis, or the Square Boxes, or else ?

Well no, I guess it can’t, I suppose.

1 Like

Elektron refers to the Digi Trinity.

Sometimes things just doesn’t fit into neatly labelled boxes.

2 Likes

The digit trinity … The Digity. We could then start a topic titled “Syntakt is no Digity”

15 Likes

I don’t think so. I think, they (vast majority of people that value a song mode) buy it despite or have to find workarounds. There is just no Digitakt or Syntakt or Digitone experience in another machine that has a song mode (yes, I know Rytm mkII basically has a built in Digitakt - but it just doesn’t feel that way or you need a lot of discipline to disregards all the other features - and if you were that disciplined you propably wouldn’t use Elektron boxes but Ableton and a midi-controller only).

1 Like

I wonder if there’s some kind of technical reason why they don’t implement this (e.g. MIDI timing is not tight enough?). Seems like an odd omission otherwise

No. It simpler than an arp, and OT’s arp can go pretty fast. OT have retrigs (trig counts).

So Syntakt is officially a Digi.
It has digital machines after all…

1 Like

9 Likes