Introducing Syntakt

It already is reliable enough.

The operating temperature is 50°C, it’s hot but the expected temperature, confirmed by Elektron a couple times.

My Syntakt hasn’t failed me once so far, and I have pushed it.
The QA has really improved since DT launch.

5 Likes

I pretty much never buy anything until it’s been out for a while, probably for similar reasons to you but I’ve been really impressed by the stability and reliability of the Syntakt so far (I ordered on day one, had it about a month now).

There’s a few bugs, but a lot of them have already been dealt with by the update and, to be fair, I’ve only experienced a couple of bugs, neither of which have affected my ability to use it or interrupted playback. I’d say so far it’s been a lot more reliable than the Digitone and Digitakt I’ve owned previously (not that they were unreliable, but they weren’t as stable as my Syntakt has been so far).

Obviously none of us know about long term reliabity, but that’s why there’s a 3 year warranty. I’ve sent stuff back to Sweden for repairs from here in the UK before, it’s really easy.

4 Likes

Reliable enough? I’ve had ST since a week after release and I have to say it’s been the more reliable Elektron device I’ve used until now. I experienced a lot more glitches and annoyances with the several years old Rytm mk2 than with ST…
It gets hot, true, but it has been said lots of times this is by design and nothing to worry about.
For me, it feels solid and mature on every regard… of course I could request for added features but what it does, it does it very well (and in spite of not being love at first sight as I expected, it’s growing on me every day I use it, it’s a keeper for sure)

6 Likes

It’s rock solid here

5 Likes

I’m glad to hear there are no probs so far.

2 Likes

Mines perfect too. Hardware & software are top tier :sparkles:

2 Likes

it gets hot and sometimes the screen remains lit a second or two after power off. Some capacitor discharge somewhere I guess, no stress.

3 Likes

Same! No problems whatsoever thus far.

Hi everyone: question:
I like the mixer a lot on the ST, but with so many tracks there are several mixer pages. what is the easiest way to scroll through them and back and forth? Is there really no other option than keep pressing func+LFO repeatedly?

1 Like

Do I have a bug, or a defective unit, or am I not understanding something? My #2 trig is dimly yellow most of the time. It’s red when selected, bright green in global mutes, bright red in pattern mutes, bright yellow with a lock trig but dimly yellow when nothing is on it. I have done a factory reset, test mode says 0 errors, and it’s running v1.01 so I am at a loss. Anyone else have an idea if I’m not understanding something or have configured something weird, or maybe I need to open a ticket with Elektron?

Does it go purple when you put it in pattern mute mode?

Sounds like a dodgy LED

1 Like

In pattern mute it goes from bright red to dim red instead of bright purple to dim purple. I was afraid it might be a bad led, or they soldered the pins wrong or something. Functionally it’s flawless. Be nice if that made it a collectors item but… sigh.

Blue LED is fucked.

Happened to my old Octatrack

1 Like

well poop. thanks.

This can be confirmed in the test mode, once through the test procedure, pressing Trigs 1,2,3,4,5 etc tests the screen and Leds for all available colours

2 Likes

guess the answer to this is : yes you have to keep pressing func+lfo?

Isn’t there an option in the menu for the Syntakt to remember what page it was last on? I think if you select this then FUNC+LFO will take you to the last page you were on.

thanks, interesting, will check it out

1 Like

Yes, it’s called Remember Subpage in the System menu.

2 Likes

what are practical uses for this? do you guys use it?