Introducing Octatrack MKII

I have made a dreadful, dreadful error. I watched @cuckoomusic’s OT Mk2 video. How the bloody hell am I meant to resist this thing after that?! Is there a GAS helpline?

Great video from him. I’ve got my eye on a Maschine Mk3 or KK Mk2 so to see him working with that along side the OT was really interesting. Appreciate it’s not something super special/original but it’s those sort of “real life” scenarios that help me get my head around possible set ups.

Looking forward to hearing what folks with Mk1 experience make of the Mk2 differences.

2 Likes

:hourglass_flowing_sand:

1 Like

all merriment aside, loving the almost-aquamarine green of the led’s…
and the muted white backlight of the stop button is abstractly satisfying.
delightful.

:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

1 Like

Get a Machine MK3 if you dont have one already, its really awesome product.

This works also on standard controller, and with midi CC as target.

1 Like

This video is Maschine Jam. What are you talking about here ? :sketchy:

About the morphing macros, its a great feature. Its available on the normal controllers aswell. (MK 2 and MK3)

1 Like

Cheers @Sternenlicht I sat and had a little jam with my Maschine Mk1 and Jam this morning and only gave the morphing feature a tiny go. Probably the closest I have come to scenes on the OT - might have missed this but I wonder if the touchstrip could act like the cross fader does between two sets of macros?

Anyway, dont meant to derail the thread further other than to say I’m giving things until Ableton’s Loop conference early next month before making a call on next purchase! But will def keep an eye out no the market for a potential OT bargain haha.

Does anybody make techno on these things?

1 Like

Conditional options on MIDI trigs though?

Confirmed by Elektron.

2 Likes

All these MKII vids emerging are all cool. They’re also what the OT’s always been about. There’s nothing going on here that couldn’t be done before.

I’m looking forward to the one that highlights the difference an MKII might make, compared to the MKI.

6 Likes

Renewed interest. But renewed reasoning of why I parted ways. Good stuff though. Looks fun!

2 Likes

How bout these new inputs, and higher output level, does it sound any different?
How’s the stereo field and high frequency detail?

Interested in the opinion of someone who’s had a lot of experience sampling external sources with the OT, and knows it’s sound very well.
Is it a subtle difference, a noticeable difference, or a very apparent improvement?

1 Like

Nah, that’s just a rumor we spread to the other forums so they don’t find out we mostly make country music… :smile:

13 Likes

I thought it was just increased headroom on the inputs? The mk1 outputs seem pretty decently high.

In general, it is nice to see a renewed interest in the OT. Nothing so far in the vids that can’t be done on the mk1, but that was expected. I would like to see some new vids focusing on a streamlined workflow the new buttons might give. Especially for sampling.

1 Like

Mk2 output: +17dBu / signal to noise: 104 dB
Mk1 output: +10dBu / signal to noise: 102 dB

2 Likes

That’d be the most interesting thing for me to know as well. If there’s a significant difference, I’m one step closer to a purchase.

1 Like

Soon is coming…

2 Likes

So has the fader had a mechanical change/upgrade vs mk1 or not?

1 Like