Introducing Octatrack MKII

PDF Manual says “upgraded silky smooth crossfader,” on page 3.

2 Likes

11 Likes

Works wonders on optical faders.

4 Likes

Haha. Any comments on the feel/difference of the new one, those of you who have used it? @andreasroman @cuckoomusic @Dataline

1 Like

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/52/526c4a5149b3aac81706a91c3d24bf95a94f503f23ecb60810933016dd67c798.jpg

1 Like

Personally, started to really dig it and as a lover of the original octatrack, this upgrade feels almost essential. Inputs and screen - these 2 are so useful for me! Audio editor, parts n other buttons has been a nice addition too. At first i didn’t really care - but found them useful.

Trig conditions are just plain awesome, great to see it on octatrack!

I do wish for bpm per pattern and better part handling… Would have been great additions, but here we are :wink:

But man, i love the look and feel of these buttons!!! Smooth n bright :wink:

18 Likes

That all sounds great! I was wondering about the xfader differences in particular tho?

He Dataline , do the inputs sound better in qualitity in the low end?, only problem I always have putting the AK on the OT ins. thanks.

More like techyes. Am I right?

1 Like

Haven’t used it enough to have a credible opinion.

Tell us more about the inputs. What’s the perceived difference?

Oh yeah my dear, my MkI crossfader is very silky smooth, since I wash it with THOREAL.

But now it is going too fast, maybe I should try something more sticky smooth…:sketchy:

7 Likes

Are the buttons significantly quiter than those on MKI? :slight_smile:

I hope that is temporary.

1 Like

No, I know it was said, But it is nonsens.
But because they are led buttons
You can see what it does
And there are less words on the machine

I prefer the new buttons

1 Like

The inputs have more headroom, so they don’t clip so easily :slight_smile: that always was a problem for me, now lot easier to handle!

4 Likes

PSA: Don’t cut yourself shaving while pumping out those hardware techno jams!

8 Likes

Silky smooth skin. :thup:

1 Like

I hope one day we’ll get scenes for MIDI tracks. I know, MIDI bandwidth etc… but even quantised to 16th notes would be amazing.

2 Likes

Has anyone tested this?
What happens when you send 8 midi tracks with cc plocks, arps, and 24 lfo’s through a din cable?
Can it go all the way or does it start to choke with too many fast lfos or whatever?

I’ve thought about this a few times but always forget to test…
I usually just sequence a synth or two with maybe each a slow lfo…