Introducing Octatrack MKII

The Digitakt. It is not identical feature-wise

I am very pleasantly surprised, I really didnā€™t think thereā€™d be UI room to accommodate this - I wonder how itā€™ll be in practice ā€¦ great stuff, really never saw that one coming, Iā€™m sure I said ā€˜neverā€™ a few times on this :thup:

6 Likes

Still nothing from my Swedish retailer :frowning:
Where is that goddamn UPS truck!!

Presumably, but somehow still allowing XVOL. It wouldnā€™t be consistent to put the Trig Condition parameter in the AMP SETUP page.

1 Like

Maybe theyā€™ll implement it by either using the Up/Down buttons? Or moving the retrig parameters to the Up/Down button?

1 Like

The Trig Condition parameter will be placed in the Micro Timing screen, controlled via the Level knob.
Seeing that the news got out like this, I thought I should contribute and make things clear for everybody.

48 Likes

Smart thinking- the Octatrack is so efficiently designed it took some maneuvering to fit that extra feature in. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

I hear you and I would throw my money at Elektron in no time if there were such a thing. Right now there isnā€™t. I wasnā€™t expecting this, they could just have been done with it. I find conditional trigs a very significant update. With regards to a proper successor to the OT Iā€™m sure Elektron are aware of the business opportunity and Iā€™m sure in some - probably unexpected - way theyā€™ll revisit the topic. OT has become so many things to so many people, though, that itā€™ll probably take serious amounts of time and money to nail it, which I prefer they do.

2 Likes

Thanks for such a confidential information !
Any Rec Trigs Conditions ? :loopy:

9 Likes

Interesting. Never say never. Curious

:scream:

Next question is what will match to the FILL known from Analog series. Maybe a trig can be bound to a sceneā€¦? :slight_smile: With the probalbility % calculated from the distance of the fader from the scene button :smiley:

Holy fucking shit. Iā€™ve posted so many times telling people to take the OT as it is because it was feature-complete. I hope everyone is delighted enough by this amazing news to forgive me.

11 Likes

Thanks for this, cannot wait to try it out, the timing is perfect, I just bought a load of MIDI>CV stuff for my rack,

1 Like

@Ess lotto numbers for this saturday please.

1 Like

I had a feeling this was happening and I kept hope despite so many saying it was ā€œabsolutely not happening.ā€
Knowledge from the source!!

After 6 years, this lovely machine gets another dish to bring to the table.
It was already a realtime classic.

Intrigued by the potential of rec trig randomness combined with play trig possibilities. Say itā€™s so?
ā€¦and inter track reactivity as per the analogsā€™?

1 Like

Forgiveness will come, it always does eventually. Whats more important is for you to learn from this experience and remember nothing is 100% until it is :robot:

You were only going on what Elektron said. Nothing wrong with that as it should be a very credible source from the makers themselves (I did it too).

2 Likes

Uhh, which lotto?

4 Likes