Introducing Octatrack MKII

I had to cancel my preorder. I just couldn’t keep that much money tied up without having clear info. I’m not gonna wave a flag about it but I don’t want to support the new paradigm of next to no communication and also the crazy amount of bugs products are released with these days (not just talking about Elektron btw). Not trying to fan flames on either side, just wanted to share my opinion.
I’m bummed but I just made a deal to get a Roland Vsynth XT that I’m pretty pumped about so I’ll be okay :slight_smile:

I doubt it. If they did, they could just as easily have released it and included in an OS upgrade

But, if they announced that the OT would be getting OB and trig conditions, that would certainly make it appealing!

Good catch on the date modification FreeBot777. That is a very positive sign, they could have bumped the date a lot. That they bumped it out what i would read as two weeks, says the OT Mk II is really almost here.

No chance on OB (imo), Trig conditions is software so that could be anytime – and they’re busy so if so then later. This change did involve two board revs, and while that sounds like it might be easy, it usually becomes a little more involved than even the veteran engineer might think. If there was a hitch it could be either board, the CPU or the UI. Even the software changes could have had a hiccup in schedule.

I also notice that there was no change in the A4 or the RYTM dates. That is one way to hold some engineers feet to the fire. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I bought hardware to use hardware, I could give 2 flying f’s about Overbridge. Why everyone is so gung ho to buy hardware and then stare at a computer screen is beyond me, but I stare at software all day for work. I just want to push buttons and turn REAL knobs at the end of the day. I’m pretty pissed at this as well. On FB page I am reading AR January 2018? WTH?

4 Likes

Facebook is definitely the computer screen i will never look at.

2 Likes

Yeah every day I tell myself it’s my last. I stay on there primary for the synth groups. I need answers and get them pretty fast on there.

1 Like

I felt that same way when I first got my RYTM. However, after using the Fairly solid Sync and also the quick recording ability when I’m just able to have a Elektron Box and my laptop has proved extremely convenient.
But, I agree, I don’t use the actual editor pretty much ever. I like the UI of my RYTM and my A4.
I am honestly hoping for trig conditions the most.
In fact, I just purchased the USAMO for sync and so far it’s fantastic, better than OB, so I would probably only use OB for OT when on the road.

I just had a funny thought…it’s like we have our own equation based speech on this site:

[(A4+AR) OB + OTMK2 + DT] AH = BadASS!

2 Likes

zero chance of that, honestly, zero

they’ve got a lot on, even bug fixes are slow, AR users are waiting over 6 months extra for transfer OS … things take time, manufacturing is likely to be a big factor in this delay imho … there is next to no chance they are doing anything on the OT whilst there is other software to sort out, stuff already promised (that’s leaving aside the 100% impossibility of OB on OT btw, I’m referring to TRCs, they won’t happen either)

1 Like

:cry:

1 Like

What are trig conditions again? I get this mixed up with parameter locks. Parameter lock is like say I have a hi hat going on all 16 of 16 trigs? Notes? (I need to learn this lingo) and then say on trig 14 I can have a sudden reverb assigned to trig 14?

I think trig conditions is where I have something specified to be utilized a certain % of the time? They need a FAQ on this stuff for noobs.

I’m in for a world of HERT. I have all 3 MKII’s on order :fearful:

1 Like

Trig conditions are available on the Analog Rytm, Analog Keys, Analog Four, and Digitakt.
The free PDF manuals for any of these products each offer trig condition description/explanations.

You got it. You’ll do fine.

Soon you’re the expert on the Mk IIs.

2 Likes

Because there’s no easy way of getting all 8 tracks out of the OT for mixing.

My rep told me they are receiving their batch sep 11th for shipment

2 Likes

Ah yep, I forgot about that. In retrospect that is the biggest plus of OB hands down

Wasn’t Octatrack mk2 supposed to be out in August?

It’s September now, where is it…?

1 Like

On Thomann it says

“Due back in stock on 22.09.2017”

I don’t have experience preordering trough Thomann and want to buy some monitors stands alongside Octatrack, so how does that work? Do they ship the whole parcel as soon as the Octa is available or?

1 Like

in the meantime the only time i waited the longest period for a poor satisfaction as a result was for the MPC Live… Pre-ordering for month before the release date… and received after 3 month late to the Expected Release Date…

So …

:evergreen_tree::gift: if i can have those mkII for Christmas, Elektron won over Akai
And IF they Roll Overbridge Premium in the Fall they have all my sympathy :joy:

It’s crazy I’m more and more sarcastic with age :scream:

1 Like

Fixed :smile: