Introducing Octatrack MKII

I only switched CF cards twice.
After I bought my OT, and before I sold it.
I do believe it’s better to always leave it in OT…

32 Go was plenty enough in my case.
I think smaller size is a good way to accelerate the starting phase…

3 Likes

Yeah, not calling the OT ugly, it just replaces ugly in the title of my tangential imaginary movie… :grin:
Out of the trilogy my favorite is For a Few Dollars More(@sezare56’s mk2 upgrade :grin: )…
Had to get that off my chest… :smile_cat:
Oh, uhh…
Octatrack MkII

1 Like

I do not understand why the OT MKII does not follow the form factor of the other two MKII’s (A4 and Rytm)

Odd eh? They must have a pile of metal boxes they need to get rid of huh?

OT MK1 one has no analog circuits, so no heat problems, no burned LCDs, and basicly it´s the same machine so no need to change it.
I think the overheating problems in the old analog series is one reason for going bigger and aluminium in the MK2 analogs.

2 Likes

If you’re right, Analog HEAT MKII will be HUGE !

3 Likes

the two usb ports on my macbook stopped working two years ago for some silly reason or other … i’m much the better for it.

ten years ago i had the ultimate range of midi controller devices and strange usb hubs and leads everywhere.

now i just have a firewire card and a Machinedrum.
the oscillation to and forth between enjoying software connection and disenjoying software connection is a fascinating rhythm.

1 Like

Try to reset your USB… prompt, Or something similar… search for it; it changed my mbp from useless to fantastic!

1 Like

i dropped the macbook that is why the first usb stopped working

then dropped it again and that’s when the second usb fizzed out

everything else works great though

at least i didn’t spill a glass of water on it and drop it down three concrete stairs.

did that two years earlier actually, had to replace the hard drive and then everything worked. except for half the keyboard lights.

but yes, life without usb is simply a dream.

honestly my studio was the prime example of why patch bays are useful, like an installation artwork of confusion.

the less leads the better, essentially.

and thankfully, wifi storage drives are actually reasonably priced these days.

1 Like

9 Likes

4 Likes

I’m gonna go with this one. Though the Misty movie, is pretty damn good, too.

Man, you got skills. Impressive. Most impressive.

1 Like

I do not understand why the AR and the A4 had to be made into behemoths. Octa remains nice and neat. AR and A4, they’re gonna be driving around in golf carts now, just to be able to get somewhere.

1 Like

Haha bravo!

They’re like 1" bigger, aren’t they?

1 Like

A world of difference

:wink:

For a Few Dollars More, I won’t leave my Million Dollar Baby…

5 Likes

this is pretty much how i use my trinity of elektrons!

Although Clint is the man, I’m more thinking Stellaaaaaa “A Streetcar Named Desire” kind of scenario

Haha,
For some reason your pics are even funnier to me than they should be… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

So, I just saw that Electron updated the Octa MK2 webpage stating “available in early September.”
I also wish they were more communicative, BUT, I now am pondering something…

This should be an easy push for them as there is little being upgraded over all right? So I’m starting to think the hold up might be that they realized how much people want OB and Trig conditions… could they be revamping this release to include those? I know it’s probably unlikely, but I really really hope it’s the case.

Any thoughts? any inside info?? Anyone from Elektron???

2 Likes