Introducing Octatrack MKII

Has anyone heard/seen anymore news of these things coming out soon? Octatrack MKII was supposed to be this month. Still no sign of it.

Mkii of the analogs wonā€™t be till next year.

Its says September A4 and October for the Rytm on the Elektron site. Am i missing something?

You are missing the previous post

1 Like

Seriously Elektron, you have a poor communication record. Why is it so horrible for you to communicate with your customer base? Is there evidence that you make more money on products by either releasing vague commercials or by the new method of dropping one tidbit and the ghosting your fans?
I seriously donā€™t get it. Especially on the Octatrack MK2 as it is supposedly a fairly small upgrade.
Iā€™ll probably buy the Octatrack despite my irritation so cheers to you. But at this point, Iā€™ll be keeping eyes peeled for alternatives.

3 Likes

Donā€™t ever seem to be on time with the product ETAā€™s eh?

1 Like

Where are all the Elekron guys anyways? Has anyone from Elektron even posted here recently or have they abandoned this forum?

1 Like

I think they are very consequent

Going to pre-order an OT MK2.

After going through the OT manual and studying the button differences between the MK1 and MK2, as well as the general streamlining of the interface where buttons have lights and text on them, the MK2 looks surprisingly less cluttered, and more straight forward, even with more buttons and the added text beneath the encoders.

For a new OT user like myself, I think the MK2 is worth the price difference.

I almost feel lucky to be coming to the OT finally, after all these years.
64GB CFs are cheaper than ever, too!

Iā€™d love to see the MK2 PDF manual published soon, as I always read a manual before a tool arrives. Iā€™ve sifted through the MK1 manual.

The key for me, I believe, is going to be focusing on one capability of the machine, and locking it into memory first, before moving onto the rear of the capabilities.
I picked up how to use scenes when I borrowed a MK1 for 2 days last year, but got frustrated trying to cram the rest in such a short period of time.

So this time itā€™s going to be Static Machines/Slots, with computer imported .wavs, first.
Then insert FX, LFOs, Neighbor/Master track.
Then MIDI sequencing.
Then sampling from inputs.
Then Flex Machines/Slots.
Then creating new compositions with OT only.
Then, finally, live looping/transition.

It may require a month or more to lock in each capability, but I am determined to put in the time and make the most of the OT MK2.

14 Likes

Welcome to OTā€™s world !
You can start with Flex, it is the same behaviour as Static but it is more efficient for Slices. As the Static are directly reading the card errors or latency may occur. A fast CF is better.

Flex let you use your recordings directly.
Statics are intesting only for long files, or if your RAM is full (85.5 MB, around 9mn in 16bit).

So I opened a support ticket about something unrelated, and in passing suggested that I would really love the OTmk2 to be released, and the lovely support person assured me that they are working hard on it.

Thatā€™s more than good enough for me!! I am extremely excited (just ask literally anybody I have spoken to since learning that the OT exists) and I loooooooooooooooove the anticipationā€¦ :smiley:

Take your time Elektron, and bring us the OTmk2 that you want to bring us! <3

4 Likes

Very much how I feel. Iā€™m just getting familiar with it and it feels like itā€™s bringing so much potential to my setup.

1 Like

Uh andā€¦ because I was so excited, I already read a lot of the mk1 manual, and read the amazing unofficial guide, and ordered all of the accessories I think I will need.

Including a 128G CF card.

Which the mk1 appears not to support! I hope the mk2 does!

bounces

I think youā€™d better change your card for a 64Go.

1 Like

And thatā€™s exactly where I want to start.

2 Likes

I think max guaranteed CF is 64 gb, I did a lot of research before I bought mine and I think the attached is the best/fastest option availableā€¦

3 Likes

Agreed. This has been is an ambitious year, I feel Elektron have done a near-perfect job of differentiating their products and following a logical and stable design path (MKIIs are never completely different machines, theyā€™re revisions, despite what some people on this forum seem to want). But, at the same time, theyā€™ve taken a crazy risk with Analog Heat and itā€™s already changed the playing field for electronic music.

Honestly, Elektron do a much better job of communicating with their user base than several companies I follow in other spaces. Just because OTMKII doesnā€™t have someoneā€™s pet feature or doesnā€™t arrive exactly when someone wants doesnā€™t mean a damn thing.

Plus Iā€™ve heard that everyone in Sweden takes the month of August off and that the Elektron office is a bit quiet right now. Maybe weā€™ll see things pick up as of la rentrĆ©e. God bless social democracy and its generous, humane vacation policy for engineers! Roll on, Elektron.

7 Likes

Not the funniest to start with for me !
This guy use Static Machines slots in an interesting way, with quantized sample trigs 9-16, with a one bar pattern :

2 Likes

nice to hear about people loving the digi. biting my nails off waiting for it to arrive!

1 Like

brilliant ! looks great. i cant see overbridge being added at any point because i cant see how it would workā€¦ its mk2 not a new model as such. but yes, what a great machine - i love that shade of grey.