Introducing Octatrack MKII

What’s wrong with that dude.
Could have just got a little laptop and NI Traktor.
Get with the times :ecstatic:

1 Like

Amateur.
Doesn’t know what he’s doin :grinning:

1 Like

OT but how good does that EMS look.
Love to get my dirty little hands on that…mmmmm

1 Like

A shame we all don’t have the luxury of a gear truck, with roadies and techs. I’m sure size wouldn’t be a concern to any of us :panda:

1 Like

Get your arse to Melbourne?

5 Likes

My only point was that the extra size can matter, if one travels and carries all their own gear to the gig. If you’ve got the energy/roadies to have a rig that size (not all of us use just “boxes”; instruments come in many shapes and sizes), then more power to you!

btw: I know you meant 15 not 1.5 :wink:

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

No, that’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying size is a consideration for me (I’m thinking of all the stuff I am traveling with as a whole). If it’s not for you, that’s fine. There’s no need to be condescending with silly references to gym memberships and road cases. We always have the opportunity to keep the conversation at an adult level.

5 Likes

Anyway, back to the OT: The more I look at the extra buttons, the more I think, I could really appreciate quicker access with some of those functions, especially clearing a recording slot and accessing the audio editor.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Alright, little big for Tanburi, size doesn’t matter to Phaelem, both completley valid perspectives, got it…

2 Likes

gear politics :neutral_face:

I will say, that save project button would probably get mashed the most for me.

1 Like

Please, @phaelam, no need for the bad mood.
Let’s take a joke and stay cool, please.
Might want to re-read your writings and put some more light in it… please ?

5 Likes

Nah, just gear preferences :wink:

Definitely will be using those extra buttons. :smile: Quicker in and out with the Arranger could be nice for incorporating it within a more improvisatory set of patterns?

Ha, funny I haven’t saved project in months! I have one that works really well and I constantly destroy it and then reload it. I do looping though so I get tons of mileage without adding more patterns… :grinning:
Not negating your use of this, just commenting on how different OT users are… :happy:

It’ll probably feel weird since muscle memory is solid from MKI, like the new buttons will probably slow me down at first just looking for them.
Better access to the arranger will be nice too. I’ve been abusing that lately

I’ll decide later if there’s any good reason and feasible way for me to get a mk2, for now I’m gonna practice to become a button shortcut ninja! I’m quick with a lot of them, but there’s still ones I don’t know, just by learning the rest of them I’ll probably end up doing more stuff when I’m jamming…

1 Like

After another glance, the new buttons are inviting, but not enough to push me over the edge.
If it had a direct, “save sample to self,” where it instantly popped up the naming menu, AND, there was a midi value for accessing live recording via footswitch, I’d be at the tipping point.

2 Likes

Quantize on off button would get a lot of use from me

4 Likes

You know you can hold rec and double tap play on Analog series and DT ?
I love this shortcut, and it’s well placed.
I wonder if it’s present on OT mk2…

4 Likes