Introducing Octatrack MKII

you and me both!

i sample alot from records and use a moog… both could use really slight pitch adjustments sometimes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anybody here official release dates? I’m officially on preorder for the Octa MK2. I finally decided to make the leap…

I don’t know about OT mk II. I think the new analogs are awesome, love everything about their new designs apart from the larger footprint.
The new OT just doesn’t look right now, and I think a lot of it is in the screen.
It’s got a new OLED but it is still that same old quite conjested pixelated affair.
When you see it compared to the updated design in the DT it is really apparent it was developed years ago. Obviously OT shows more info but at a cost of obvious pixelation. I think they should have resigned the OT graphics as well to make it current, like they have with the new analogs.
I am presuming the new analog screens being bumped up to the DT / OT resolutions, have been redesigned graphically and will have a modern aesthetic more like the DT. Look forward to seeing those.

I haven’t seen the new Analogs’ parameter graphics yet … just this (which is noticeably pixelated)

Please post the new graphics, I’ve been scouring the net for them.

1 Like

The bigger larger resolution of the new analogs would suggest redesigned graphics wouldn’t you think?
Time will tell.
And yes of course it will still be pixelated, as even though it’s larger is still only 128 x 64 pixels

¯_(ツ)_/¯

I take that as a yes then :ecstatic:

The new OT is a bit steampunk whereas the the new analogs are more Star Trek, but that’s probably just me and where my weird mind goes. For what it’s worth, I like that they kept with the ethos of updating the quality of all the hardware, screen included (and especially), I don’t mind the pixelated graphics and would mind them less if it was a nicer screen than the mkI. would appreciate the contrast and viewing angles.

1 Like

are this new buttons rubberized? if so, is this rubber coating sensitive and will not last long ?

1 Like

It’s photoshop ?!?

3 Likes

At only about one month of its availability, a poor image is all we are given to present the OT mk2 …

It’s even worse than the introduction of the DT they did @ NAMM in january … :sleeping:

29 posts were split to a new topic: Business practices side discussion [moved from OT MKii topic]

I wouldn’t worry about it as they look like the same ones as Digitakt has, based on what they said about them being durable buttons and based of my time spent using them👍

notable difference: no teasing, just straight up “here’s the new thing, it does that and it doesn’t do that and it will cost this and will be available then” - isn’t this what everyone wanted?

11 Likes

If your interested in what the OT mk2 can do you can watch all the current demos and tutorials and whatnot since it runs the same OS and has the same basic features as the mk1, you just won’t see the new buttons that access the features more quickly…

2 Likes

I have to say, I’m pretty smitten with the OT. Lately, I’m loving grabbing a PM sample of my tanbur with delay and reverb on it (plus a neighbor machine) and then playing the PM sample in chromatic mode while I sing over top on the same audio channel :smile:

Little stuff, but I love it.

I especially love this trick too:

7 Likes

Can anyone from :3lektron: comment on whether or not we will be able to play sample slices (from a sample chain) via an external midi keyboard this time around? Maybe even with velocity? :musical_keyboard:

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Business practices side discussion [moved from OT MKii topic]

Respect :wink: Just a little large to gig with if one has other gear to consider. If Elektron built a sampler the size of the new analogs, I’d humbly suggest it contain 16/16 tracks or less tracks with some analog components? I don’t know, just glad the new OT is OT sized. Like the ergonomics of the analogs, though.