Introducing Octatrack MKII

Is the sequencer probabilistic… PLEASE tell us

Better interface compared to MK1, nice sick grey color… just mechanical upgrade… was hoping for new analog filters, but no new features it seems…

so the waveform display is not going to be updated to reflect the high resolution oled display… seems kinda pointless then.

1 Like

But are we?!?! Legato poly sequencing at least?

Honestly, Elektron have missed an open goal with all this.

[MOD EDIT:] Now suspended user wouldn’t remove their abusive profanity.

It Looks gorgeous guys :heart_eyes:

I’ll be eating Noodles for the coming months to save up for this beast…:ramen:

1 Like

I love the colour.

So besides the tweaks to account for the different extra ‘direct’ button presses there are no other subtle enhancements as per the analog series, such as actions on multiple trigs ?

No TRCs and presumably no OB due to the board incompatibility?

The inputs are now balanced, but will be subject to the same gain reduction when capturing ? So there’s a potential electrical benefit and no other changes ?

Will the OS for this MKii be the same firmware OS file running on the MKi (but ignoring extra button code) (i.e. not just the same code in another firmware) ?

10 Likes

I own the OT and
after reading the specs I can safely say, I am underwhelmed …

The new one is okay for someone who wants to take the jump but as a long term owner I would only get a new one if the old one breaks beyond repair…

3 Likes

My few points that comes to my mind that could make me jumpship from OT MKI :

1. Easier sampling - I hope the sampling will be as easy as in DT right now.
  2. Fine-tuning samples! - the same as in the Rytm - it is needed as hell.
  3. Metronome - Starting click with combination of two buttons - also like in Rytm, no digging menus
  4. More octaves on samples in chromatic mode (I guess it is only 1,5 octave in MKI)
  5. More memory for samples and more slots then 2x127 loaded in the project. - changing projects during the gig, always makes me nervous.
  6. Overbridge - compatibility, or something to streamout more than 4 individual outputs.
  7. Better I/O converters quality - AR sound much better than OT quality wise, so please go that way.

Really?

@Ess is the OS still considered “done”?

4 Likes

Very strange release.
No overbridge
No new sampling engines.
No new dac and sound enhancement.

Opportunity missed to clean up in the marketplace.

9 Likes

Don’t sweat for any of this, they mentioned it’s just a facelift like the MK2 machinedrum / Monomachine were, I doubt any of these functionalities will ever come out for the OT MK1 or MK2.

1 Like

great update… so there are maybe future OS udpates?.. i really hope, the MKI isnt forget for future updates… just the newer sequencer functions would be enough for me…
will keep my old OT… still a great machine…

Its the same OS as mk1.

1 Like

No extra functionality = “Meh” from me. Ill stick to my digitakt & toraiz combo.

I still think Elektron might be working on something big to take on the MPC Live.

2 Likes

Wooot? Where did that come from :slight_smile:
I’m glad they’re keeping the OT alive. great new design. The new line of buttons and screen is great, knowing the Digitakt. I would have hoped for an update in the sound engine, to match current generation reverb and quality etc. But hey… can’t get it all. I’m just happy they didn’t plan to silently end production of this amazing platform.

30 Likes

Good news might be that we users of the the MK I might not left behind, if new OS updates are coming … hopefully :sunny:

3 Likes

They’ve said before that if the MK1 were to be updated with extra functions that other functions would have to be discarded as there’s no room left on the machine for further functionalities. We’ll have to wait and see. . .

1 Like