Introducing Octatrack MKII

Seriously… can you please tell us if the sequencer has been upgraded.

“Live Friendly” literally sounds like marketing speak and doesn’t really mean anything

Same here, OB could have been a reason to swap. But I have already built up my muscle memories and I can live with the old display too :wink:

1 Like

Huh? If I understand correctly It’s the same as OT one except buttons/knobs/screen etc. Those things stopped you buying an OT? OK…

1 Like

Understood, give them some time though. Good things take time:)

What’s new?

Crisp OLED screen providing optimal feedback in dimly lit environments
Ultra durable back-lit buttons. Rated for 50 million presses
Contactless silky smooth performance crossfader
Precise, hi-res encoders
Increased amount of dedicated buttons enabling quicker workflow
Balanced audio inputs with plenty of headroom

Hmm … the extra buttons on the left side are pretty handy :thumbsup:

5 Likes

naw

i literally yelled OMG when i saw this

then realise its more or less a facelift

nice if u never owned an OT before… but seems like a missed opportunity to not have introduced some features that OT users have been begging Elektron for years

i guess its the same internals in a new box

5 Likes

Wow, huge missed opportunity not having OB support. I would have put my Push 2 up for sale instantly as would many others I’m sure.

1 Like

Would have been better to make a whole OT2, a big brother to the DT which can do everything the DT can do but with stereo samples and a REAL song mode lol.

3 Likes

Well it’s good news in a sense: I’ll finally be able to get a second hand MK1 at a way lower price :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Totally agree I prefer the aesthetic of the original OT…

The new boxes look like cheap Novation controllers.

I am holding on to my trusty MKI… I know its down to personal taste but i really dont like the new Digitakt/OTMKII designs… I have a feeling the older boxes are going to go up in value in the months to come…

Screen is nice but definitely not worth Eur 1400… for a facelift… ZERO GAS over here…

9 Likes

@Ess, does this mean mk1 will be able to receive new updates the same this box, ie conditional trigs, new fx?

3 Likes

I guess the best news is we’re likely getting some OS updates. :diddly:

8 Likes

Yeah it’s weird, I find the new design to really fit the Digitakt but not sure about the Octatrack. Maybe it’s just about getting used to it.

Yes, I’m actually relieved there’s no OB/extra outs/new features, because it means I have no reason whatsoever to GAS for one. I also agree that the current OT looks far nicer.

9 Likes

Qustion … are those 16 step-buttons velocity-sensitive?

Nope

2 Likes

I really like the look of the MK2, makes me GAS a little, however I’m afraid it won’t match next to my other boxes.

Is the sequencer probabilistic… PLEASE tell us

Better interface compared to MK1, nice sick grey color… just mechanical upgrade… was hoping for new analog filters, but no new features it seems…

so the waveform display is not going to be updated to reflect the high resolution oled display… seems kinda pointless then.

1 Like