Introducing Octatrack MKII

That is a very handsome machine.

Also gives me hope that we might see a feature packed digital synth in the not-too-distant.

Backlit buttons tho…

would have been a smarter move to release a new DIGI-synth IMO

1 Like

that’s strange a bit to release OT MKII after said to community there will be no upgrade to the OS only bug fix eventually. I hope they reconsider that statement and gives new things for the future of OT MKII or it will be drop for ever after a while like MD and MnM… when something more modern should replace it at some point. I’m not sure to jump on it without Overbridge and New effects.

That said, What I like about elektron at the beginning to put money in this brand rather another one was upgrade with new functionality and new machines etc… because I feel like my investment was on this evolving products in time not only get better but get also extra… for free. that’s really where Elektron shine to me… and beat every other brand.

Please Elektron keep up this way ! and I’m with you until we died :wink: just because when your policy is like that I feel I’m respected as human being with some money but not a rich guy… You understand my passion the good way and I thank you for that.

5 Likes

Not too soon I hope. I’m Euro-broke.

1 Like

One shot trigs !! These are the ancestor of the “Fill” trig condition :smiley:

I am happy they improve inputs, it’s a major drawback on mk1 for me, I ALWAYS have something plugged in and can’t bear the loss of sound quality.
I would have loved DT converters and filter quality, as well.

2 Likes

Omg !! :slight_smile:

for OT mk1 owners its good news, and for those who were considering buying a mk1 its also good news.
(not great for those selling used OT mk1, which were already under pressure from DT)

the disappointment, I think is for those (like me) hoping for a refresh of the OT. but that’s ok, its only disappointment, no worries.
perhaps this is even then good news, as hopefully Elektron can now end speculation of a DPS2, and we know the both the OT mk1/2 has a new lease of life.

so, what I would like @Dataline or @Ess to confirm though is simple.
is the OT OS still considered to be complete, and bug fix only… I’m assuming the answer is yes, but given this looks like ‘a new product’ , clarity would be good.

of course if this ‘refresh’ has been done for manufacturing purposes (which given the lack of big changes seems likely), then its seems only a matter of time before the A4/Rytm get a mk2 facelift.
perhaps when stocks run low, or even was planned to be a simultaneous announcement at NAMM?
(but their OT hand was forced by Juno)

3 Likes

Is the quality loss of the OT inputs that bad? I haven’t had that experience to be honest and I use the inputs all the time, but yes the better quality inputs and display is a very nice addition I think :slight_smile:

Yes, and the lack of headroom is frequently a pb for my setup…
Well maybe in my case the converters are getting a bit old, idk…

they probably did, but as said before, its the same gear inside the box, not a different machine… same processor etc

1 Like

Quite happy to see this UI upgrade as an OT owner.
It may mean Old OT’s see a few refreshed bug fixes.
It also rings true with elektron’s apparent policy of not blatantly eclipsing existing machines with new ones.

I was actually expecting the new more commercially aggressive tone of elektron press of late might mean a true OT2 (with considerably different internals and functionality) was on the cards. Sort of glad that hasn’t happened and they are keeping the OT legend alive - happy OT mk1 owners today will still be happy OT mk1 owners in August.

2 Likes

Ah, I see - thanks for that.

They were old since day one. :slight_smile:

Well, the RYTM has been out of stock for a while now… :wink:

Will the buttons velocity-sensitive for audio and midi tracks?

Where did you see Elektron state that the OS for the Mk1 would be updated?

Cenk said above that they will not be.

I suggest to ask this question in that particular thread…

thanks. will do!