Introducing Octatrack MKII

5 extra buttons. 2 extra LEDs. $200+ price increase? hmm…
If its released at the same price as the 7 year old OGOT then fair play.

Also with the extra interface stuff, a new firmware would be required.
Best part of this would be the possibility of upgrades for the original unit.

Right? All the ‘plz add conditional trigs’ comments are getting a bit old I think with 3 LFO’s available per track, but whatever…

1 Like

Conditional trigs provide very different functionality to LFOs.

2 Likes

Really nailing down the speculation today :slight_smile:

Yes! Yes! Yes!
When Can I PRE-ORDER?

1 Like

I’ll buy one if they ever decide to unlock the hidden analog filters and overdrive.

3 Likes

It wont be OB compatible. Simon and Cenk have stated this. Hardware does not support it.

Some of it isn’t speculation though is it? For example both Simon & Cenk confirming no plans for Overbridge. That’s a legitimate disappointment for a lot of people who’ve been holding out for an OT2 update with OB.

1 Like

this I’m interested in.
I really hope this allows us to put hotter signals through direct iins (no through tracks), I could never get a good signal from bass synths… hope this helps?
also wondering:

• how the screen feels (I never suffered with the original, although I think it’s something you notice when you change)
  • encoder resolution and feel (I like my MKI encoders! although one is acting weird… I have to replace it)
  • if the triggers are RGB - this could really make the whole trig coditions all at easier
  • backlit triggers - I wonder how much they change the live performance experience
  • more dedicated buttons: now, this can really take some stress out of sampling. I surprised they didn’t mention it in that feature list. adding some buttons it’s pretty clever.

considering it’s the same engine running below (or at least seems safe to assume)
I woudn’t expect conditional trigs, fx improvements, overbridge, midi scenes or anything substantially new… beeing backwards-compatible with MKI also hints at that. but who knows!

still, a nice update, specially for future users… one thing though: am I the only one who likes it more in black with round buttons? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You can kinda fake conditional trigs with LFOs thoug.

4 Likes

It is a disappointment for some…
However, it’s great that Dataline is providing immediate answers to these questions to manage peoples expectations.

2 Likes

As well as a fill using the fader instead of a button combo…

One advantage I see with mkii:
Balanced inputs make the process of running mics (or anything, really) into OT in live situations much more user-friendly and foolproof.

1 Like

Yer I have had trouble with it, given up on it for the time being until new updates are released.

Nope, I like the look of the original black boxes, and I’ve now got this really stupid niggle that the OT2 won’t match the A4 and the RYTM aesthetically. Yes I know that’s just a daft visual thing, but the original ‘Dark Trilogy’ was undoubtably cool as a set.

1 Like

MKII not OT2

5 Likes

USB 2.0 Full Speed is 12Mbit/s. The USB naming scheme is more than a little bit confusing.

http://www.photoxels.com/article-usb-2.0-high-speed-vs-full-speed.html

2 Likes
1 Like

All those extra buttons by the headphone volume knob look very useful.

2 Likes

OB for stereo samples wouldn’t be feasible, and trig conditions can’t fit in the MK1s. To fit it in they’d probably have to redesign the entire firmware/machine components- making this an entirely new machine which it’s not supposed to be(wouldn’t sell enough because of the DT and people that are already OT owners)

But it does a good job of syncing up with current motives of Elektron and provides the OT option for people in between DT and OT while also providing stereo sample support for DT owners

1 Like