Introducing Model:Samples

If this was a drum machine it wouldve made soooo much sense. 6 tracks is plenty for drums and with all the other bells and whistles it would be an INCREDIBLE power house. It also means lack of inputs wouldn’t matter. The price would be without doubt worth it.

6 sample channels and calling it a groove box? Theres not enough channels/power to really make even a good simple beat. 90% of demos have only a pitched chord as the melodic element. The functionality choices are confusing

1 Like

People are mad because they can’t miss an opportunity to complain.

The Octatrack is a cool device, but it appeals pretty close to 0-3% to me. Others here think it’s amazing. Cool.

The Digitone is one of my favorite instruments of all time. I’m sure there are people here that gave it a pass.

There are plenty of people who will enjoy the M:S. Some people here will have no interest.

Elektron didn’t set out to hurt anyone’s feelings, alienate their fanbase, make the lil baby jezuz cry, or anything else like this.

What I seem to be witnessing is jealousy over a feature list that includes a couple of things that aren’t in someone’s product of choice. Those features weren’t there when they bought the product, so I fail to see what the big deal is.

6 Likes

I.e confusing functionality decisions

Yea i’m done trying to convince you guys to go back to your machines and make music with the very powerful boxes you already own. If elektron didn’t give the M:S individual scale per track it would have culled 75% of the whiners.

Simon already said they’re hoping to include that, just keep your fingers crossed like I did with the OT trig conditions

7 Likes

I think instead… you SHOULD get it twisted, with the crossfader on the OT. with some small samples :slight_smile:

So far I’m very excited about this device. Will probably get one as an OT extension.

I also have Electribe 2s and don’t listen to those who say E2S is better than M:S. Electribe sequencer and it’s sample management is a joke compared to what we have in Elektrons. You get what you pay for.

2 Likes

No i am just saying why people are mad. I have a4 dt, and am happy about it. This plastic product is not interesting me, but if you don’t see how diferent that what elektron has made is from everything they made until now, and how that shows some change in thwe company than i don’t no what else to say. If they can keep up with innovation while they recycle their glory days even better for everyone. As far as i am concern, i have everithing i need from elekteon and don’t need them to be creative again, but …
Edit
I will respect people from elektron no matter what the future brings, they have contributed more than i ever will to music.

3 Likes

you’re getting sucked in dude. ignore. :wink:
you got a positive vibe…dont get pulled in…

2 Likes

Referring to the manual, I see that the range for the “Sample Start” parameter goes from 0-120. It’s not clear to me if there are decimal values as well, but I’m guessing not. Does anyone know if there’s any way of fine-tuning where a sample starts playing from using only the M:S?

There is no other way to fine-tune sample start (0 … 120 are whole numbers, btw). So you need to prepare the sample correctly before you load it into the M:S.

Sample start by itself is more like a slice selection …

3 Likes

Thanks. That confirms what I thought.

What are these leds on the left side of parameter knobs?

Oh wow…these presets…:grimacing:
:frowning:

1 Like

is Chance the only respect in which Model:Samples has a better sequencer than Digitakt? at any rate DT has polyphony on its midi tracks which MS lacks

Love your response and attitude. Some of the entitlement and anger around here blows my mind. Right on!

…this tracker will sing!!!
and swing as fuk…

this hands on layout is sooo smart and highly effective in any musically expressive way…
an instrument for truu…!
u gonna sell tons of it…and she’s gonna be a legend within this year…
this shitty white finish is the perfect blank canvas for every freak out there who wants to jam…
we gonna see endless weirdo shit full on individual designs soon to come…all over the place…
big congrats…
but u guys better be ready to push up ur service capacities fast…the whole world’s gonna crank and noodle the hell out of these knobs…

volume + drive…?..we will see…

I wouldn’t say that the MS has a better sequencer than any of the other boxes.

I’m glad Elektron continue to broaden their scope because they make some of the best stuff.

I feel like people who look down on someone who use less expensive gear are largely suspect to being out performed by people who use it, otherwise what’s the problem?

3 Likes

Any confirmation on the Model:Samples getting official Sound Packs soon?

I know you could use other packs, like the Digitakts, but I wanted to know if some will be tailored specifically towards model:samples.

You can bet that there will be.