Introducing Model:Samples

Somehow the Model:Samples make me think of the Akai S612 with Elektron sequencing.

Check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKFMlr5Qk1o

1 Like

this. more immediacy means you might (likely will) have different results. in a sampler, at least for me, thatā€™s huge.

3 Likes

Iā€™m disappointed, my wallet isnā€™t :]

1 Like

I had actually been looking to buy a SP-404A the last few daysā€¦ Glad I held on to my money, to see what news came from NAMM. This is exactly what I need to expand on DTā€™s capabilities. Planning to stuff the MS full of drum samples and run it straight into Heat, and use DT/DN for more melodic and atmospheric stuff.

2 Likes

ā€˜Willā€™ for sure!

Definitely the top selling point.

Not actually sampling is kind of anti-immediacy for me though, so thereā€™s a weird kind of cancel-out going on

Dear Mr. Elektron

Next time, read this first:

What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

12 Likes

I very much doubt that the relatively few people registered and active here are representative of Elektronā€™s target demographic. Iā€™m sure they have way smarter people than me (I donā€™t know about you) doing their market research. Elektronauts is just that - a filter bubble where everything resonates until it seems relevant.

5 Likes

This is exactly my plan with the M:S as well. With what the DT can do, Iā€™m never a fan wasting a track on percussive sounds. Now I can just program the DT/DN to whatever sequence, and be playful on the M:S.

1 Like

I may sound like a smartass but it is not a knob-per-function interface as we know if i.e. from a Korg Monologue.
This machine has knob-per-function on voice/channel-basis with endless encoders and LED indicators.
Itā€™s not as fast and immediate like classic knob-per-function interfaces but definitely faster and more immediate than a DT. :sunglasses:

edit: do the led indicators show automation in parameter changes? that would be another thing Iā€™d wish for my entry level DT device

why would one pick M:S instead of second hand Digitakt? 399pounds vs 420-460pounds

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure thatā€™s true and they calculated everything as good as possible. I donā€™t know the numbers but i wouldnā€™t be suprised if the DT was Elekrtrons bestseller.
Iā€™m just a little worried, because the name indicates the possibilty of a whole product line in this price segment.

I think this needs one more trick to really set it apart, like a sick tape or vintage 12-bit DAC emulation on the master or something.

2 Likes

Wait for the next OS updatesā€¦

1 Like

This forum, and the more ā€œadvancedā€ Elektron users, are like the tip of the iceberg. There are so many more people out there that will be interested in this. I was explaining it to my SO (who doesnā€™t make music), talking about the new knob per function direction, stripped down features, lower price point, etc ā€¦
ā€œThat sounds cool! I would buy that.ā€

And to me, thatā€™s what it comes down to. Thereā€™s no reason Elektron canā€™t make products that appeal to a wide range of people, in fact I think itā€™s more commendable that they are doing it. The OT is still light years away from anything else, the A4 still sounds amazing, the Digitakt is still immediate and fun. A new box doesnā€™t take any of that away.

Plus, did you hear Simonā€™s track that he posted?? This is not a one trick pony. Instruments are played. I think we should focus more on playing than buying/acquiring.

10 Likes

Theyā€™re probably testing the waters now and are ready to relatively quickly branch out by reusing code from, for instance, Digitone.

5 Likes

Wake me up when launch Model:Granular

4 Likes

Haha.

Why would you buy a second hand DT over this? It gets you quicker results is portable(cheaper than op-z) and will have great support from Elektron. I think the major newcomers to Elektron want the latest and so they should. Its a positive move and i think a good one.

I think Void has dissapeared off the face of the Earth - havenā€™t tried the app for a while, so not sure if it stil works wth the latest OS. Mehkohler who does the Collider app, should incorporate Strom-like features into Collider, to make a complete beast of an AR partner app.

1 Like

Seriously. I donā€™t regret my DT purchase at all, but I wish this was out when I decided to take my first dive into Elektron, as this was exactly what I was- and still am - looking for.

4 Likes