Introducing Model:Samples

Good for ios users for sure (sadly not me).
did I read recently void stopped supporting Strom n it doesn’t work with some recent ios versions?

there may be a thread on it or I could have made that up :smile:

[edit: seems it might be the latest Rytm OS isn’t supported]

I wish I could grow a proper beard. :sob:

1 Like

The quest for an affordable MnM continues… :slight_smile:

You can have DIY approach

1 Like

Velocity pads? I hope for performance mode like AR in the future updates!!

I dont know how I feel about this “sampler” - but I think that elektron is going the wrong way, and I feel sad about them going this way. When I think of elektron I think of a company that makes high-end synth with their trademark surgery style sequencer. When one look back at their line of products, theres many of those that went on to get a legendary status. These were high-end pieces of gear, that had next to no competition on the market - because Elektron made some fuckin great gear!! Think of the MD and MNM they were released in the early 2000’s?!?! And then the same company makes what seems to be their take on a Volca sample style machine. Dont get me wrong it, Im sure that many people will have a lot of fun with it - no doubt, but IMO it doesn’t look or seems to be a Elektron product, from the looks and functionality.

To me it seems that the this MODEL series will be Elektrons take on “Volca-inspired” line of products. Small boxes, one style of sound per box, knob per parameter and sequencer.
There are companys that make “affordable” drum machines and synth on the market, but I think that elektron need to focus on what gave them their legendary status as a manufacture. As people have mentioned earliler in the topic, a lot of people hoped for a new MD, MNM or something in that league - then they reveal this one, and people are bummed out. I must say that I find the first comment, spot on - that at first I felt this was a joke. But maybe is not the product that we need to focus on, but the way Elektron is going.

Please Elektron, make high-end gear again. We dont want 5 small machines, that can do simple stuff. We want one machine that can go absolutely mental! Why not make a mind bending multieffects unit with parameter locking and CC controllability, New digital drummachines that makes the MD seem like something from the stoneage, dedicated midi sequencer/controller with midi, cv and din out or something in that style - a new kickass elektron classic!!

I love Elektron products and think that they are truly unique, and loved my MD, MNM and RYTM! I hope that they will go back and focus on making more high-end and old box format stuff again, because I know that they can make a new classic if they want to :slight_smile:

14 Likes

audio over USB might provide an easy way to get samples from daw straight into the unit.

For example:

samples has a corresponding VST plugin.

You can then drag audio samples/clips direct from your daw into the plugin and they then load into the unit.

1 Like

I actually believe it’s a great strategy. The cheaper and less advanced products, will probably pay for the development and production of the more advanced models.

Instruments like the Monomachine, Machinedrum, A4 or RYTM are probably not very profitable.

Cheaper and less advanced machines is a great introduction to new Elektron-users. And a broader user base will benefit all Elektron users. It will probably even raise the value of used gear as well.

Cheers

Thomas

Yes - please make something inspiring. A combined machine with analog & digital engine and internal sampling. It could be a mono synth, but with an integrated workflow, that allows to sample this sequence - maybe with internal looper /overdub function.
Essentially a digitakt with some internal sound engines. (And an improved pad layout like seen on novation circuit.)

velocity is distinct from aftertouch/pressure, so that won’t happen

Looks like a finished machine with not much future updates.

Model: Samples Could literally mean modelling samples instead of a new product line.

1 Like

Well, they haven’t made a ‘brand new’ flagship in a while. These things take a long time to build. And you could bet they’re not just sitting around not working on a bigger picture project. The mkii refresh is done, medium tier out of the way, so here we are at the entry level. Possibly a box or two more, and who knows maybe something intense and deep in the next year or so. Elektron should at least be proud that people have so much love for the company and care about the direction it takes.

4 Likes

That is true, we would not complain if we didn’t care.

1 Like

Amen - we’re town apart because we care about Elektron :slight_smile:

I have a DT so really don’t feel the need to get this, but after watching the Baseck demo I can see how super fun this thing would be. Not that I could make it sound half as good as he does.

It probably should be a bit cheaper though to really compete with other things in its size/feature range but will no doubt sell a lot.

What’s next?

I know, but performance mode depends on Velocity would be very funny :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s sort of like a car crash. You know you should look away but you just can’t stop yourself from looking.

I hope the NAMM demos aren’t a disaster because the team seems like such a nice group of guys.

1 Like

the trouble is, your obvious resentment for novice first time buyers does not translate to satisfaction for those said buyers, who are exactly the market for this product.

1 Like

ah, I see, obviously amp volume is linked to velocity - maybe the manual states if there’s options for having other Params linked to velocity like the velocity mod matrix on other elektrons - possibly not if they’re going for a wysiwyg type interface - but that would be doable in an update if they thought it could fit with the workflow ethos, I’m not sure if it does tbh

I just pre-ordered a volca drum as even if a model:drum would be released tomorrow I would not be interested at this price point. A model:synth though…