Introducing Model:Samples

True enough, I’m still dreaming that the official battery pack is really small and sleek and just slides into the casing.

this could be a very good midi controller for the MPC Live

that’s weird. how did Simon get those acid sounds in his tune. he only used single cycle waveforms and a kick drum.
maybe it’s all p-locks.

1 Like

lock trigs (trigless locks) with micro timing is the new filter envelope

7 Likes

Made my day :smiley:

… or a sample chain with different baked in filter envelope effects and plocking the start points.

Are the LFOs able to interact?

Yes, should be ok to use with all the portable USB power banks using the adapter/cable you linked. Nice find!

I was interested in being able to power up the M:S by having it connected to a laptop only. That would’ve really sealed the deal for me. It’d be sick to be able to connect it to a laptop with just one cable that transmits midi data while also powering the unit imo.

oh yeh its got lfo’s I forgot :smile:

1 Like

Already some good videos. I feel like some guitar people will buy this and be like, wait, ooh.
Also what hardware would you pair this with first? I think heat would be great!

Is it cheap enough for that demo?

I don’t think the micro usb port will power it up, but using the adapter AdamJay linked there is a possibility that M:S will run from the laptop using 2 usb ports/cables. One for midi/audio one for power. 5w which is 1a is not that much at all. Similar to charging phone from a laptop.

2 Likes

Good match for any monosynth I reckon. 5 tracks for samples, 1 for synth

1 Like

With the right USB-A to DC barrel adapter, I think it is possible, for power.
But not with MIDI and audio going over the same USB cable.
You would need two USB ports, if it is possible.

I imagine they did it this way to prevent noise.

edit::: @Kloanhead beat me to it!

3 Likes

Yeah, instant electro

1 Like

Yeah maybe volume automation?

Then after, LFO now I’ve read your other post! :grinning:

I want it… Looks crispy

Do we need anymore random opinions on this machine? Just in case… I think it looks really smart and has a lot going for it. I can see it working for a lot of folk. Not for me right at this time but I remain curious to see the finer details emerge or clarify over the next wee while.

I also remain cautiously excited for what might arrive in the Model:??? (or indeed Digi???) format in the future.

1 Like

I agree. Although it will definitely be a challenge to create an interesting synth with just 15 knobs. Guess we’ll see!

I also reckon that since the power requirements are so low, the forthcoming powerhandle battery packs ought to offer a good bit of time for battery powered play.

3 Likes