Introducing Model:Samples

I think my eyes are mostly looking at that retrig button and the playfulness of the 16-step pads. Seems like you can do some bonker things with this much immediate control.

Is the body constructed with plastic or metal?

Dude. The thing that makes this most appealing is its midi(I assume over USB)

You can sequence synths on your iPhone on the go. That will be pretty cool.

Shame thereā€™s no audio pass through on this thing though- just something to run iPhone audio into the machine to be combined with the headphone out

Iā€™d like to hear more from the DN/DT/OT/AR/A4/AH on what they think about the new machine

1 Like

That is a great demo!

Itā€™s light in weight (0.80 kg or 1.8 lbs) so the choice would be plastic.

2 Likes

Like, a personification of their instruments?

Iā€™m assuming they love the company

1 Like

ah, was really hoping it was metal

Weā€™ll see Model: Waves by the end of the year ya heard it here first

Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s Baseck rockin the M:S. awesome demo either way

5 Likes

K maybe Iā€™ll pick one up in 2021 when itā€™s $200
Back to my to dt
Whose $30 battery back arrives today

1 Like

As long as itā€™s rugged, plastic should be fine.
Elektron probably did things right to make it rugged.

But i do like the weapons grade heft of the Digitakt too.

Like I need a live feed of a Digitakt speaking about his opinion. Might be jealous of some of itā€™s feature set, maybe, but who REALLY knows??? I need to hear it from the source!

1 Like

I know a lot of people arenā€™t into it but I think itā€™s great. I hope for a series of these little guys to jam out on. I agree that the price might be a bit high but maybe my/our minds will change

4 Likes

I think the main thing that bothers me after absorbing all of this is that it isnā€™t OB enabled.

All in all though, after initially being disappointed, itā€™s pretty exciting. People talk all the time about an octatrack being an instrument, and this seems to go in that direction. Itā€™s an instrument to be played rather than programmed. I think it makes sense.

3 Likes

Iā€™m assuming there is no way to send samples recorded with the Digitakt over to this via USB? Would love to offload drum samples from the Digitakt but I donā€™t use a laptop.

1 Like

Or, perhaps, theyā€™ve learned their lesson not to announce ā€œOB enabledā€ from the get go and to bring to the machine when ready? Or is that hoping too much? I do think itā€™s odd not to have OB in this one.

4 Likes

Or perhaps it is that they decided to stop promising OB enabled (someday ā€¦) from day one on all their new products.

(Nobody should buy this thinking that some day they will shoe horn in Overbridge.)

2 Likes

Exactly how I see it too. This is more closer to the OT in terms of live performance than any of their other instruments. Probably the most laser-focused Elektron product to just jam on.

3 Likes

well that timing was a little freaky :joy:

1 Like