Introducing Digitone

I’ve decided to get one as soon as the prices hit £600. I’m guessing that’ll be in about 6 months or so, hopefully sooner at Juno.

1 Like

Juno usually do the best price so definitely worth keeping an eye on them

Yep.

I can justify £600 as ‘basically £500’ whereas £699 feels like the best part of a grand.

Hopefully Juno will come through for me.

3 Likes

Yep, Juno has amazing prices, I’m also keeping an eye on the DN price there. The A4 MK2 is 230 euros cheaper than anywhere else!

1 Like

Please guys, how the filters sound?

I’m looking thru the manual. so you can’t use the melodic scales when in live recording mode?
anyone know if that’s correct?
I hope I’m mistaken.
:frowning:

Don’t have a DN, but I assume it’s similar to the Digitakt.

I’m very impressed with the DT filter - it’s one of the best digital filters that I’ve ever heard.

1 Like

Melodic Scales and Chords can be used to input into the sequencer during live rec mode :slight_smile: Its great!

6 Likes

yippeeeee :slight_smile:
thanks Cenk, you dont know how happy i am to hear that. i was worried for a second.

oh man its gonna be so good for improvisation. cant wait to get mine hooked up.

Amazing new feature.

Cenk - if you have any time for this kind of thing - could you show us what you mean by this? It sounds interesting.

2 Likes

Ha!

Best part is- I know what you mean! :smiley:

2 Likes

it means you set your desired scale you want to play in, or a desired specific chord, in the “add notes” page. then you hit live record and the keyboard will be fixed in that specific scale when you play, or if you chose a chord that chord will transpose to whatever note you play.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. Out of interest does your description match what I can see Open_Mike doing here - it looks like the DN is transposing notes already sequenced within a chosen key… or something…?

not exactly but he’s using the add notes page to transpose in real time yea.
what we were talking about is recording notes in real time within a set scale rather than transposing already sequenced notes.

both are cool tho :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok - I wasn’t quite sure if these were the same things. So then is the DN in the excellent ‘zabutom’ piece above, transposing already sequenced notes while staying in key? My ears tell me that this isn’t just a straight linear series of transpositions going on.

that i dont know. i assumed he was just transposing one note on the fly, whether that was in a set scale or he was just selecting the right note to transpose to i dunno. ill have to listen to it again.
maybe someone else can chime in in the mean time.

That’s not me not by the way, the artist name is Zabutom… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Digitone is now shipping

How is the DN good at industrial sounds?

Its damn good In my opinion, especially if you want clangy metal tones with a robust high end.

4 Likes