Introducing Digitone

It is with great pleasure we announce Digitone, a polyphonic digital synthesizer featuring a powerful yet user-friendly take on FM synthesis. Digitone is a very special eight voice digital synthesizer. It combines a modernized FM implementation with a classic subtractive synthesis signal flow, making it a powerful source of highly unique tones and timbres. The FM sound generators have been optimized for a clean and efficient sound design process. Turn a few knobs, and something interesting and musically relevant is bound to happen. Naturally, the world class Elektron sequencer is an integral part of Digitone. Four tracks are available for the internal sounds and four dedicated MIDI tracks stand ready for controlling external gear. Use the sequencer to quickly add chords or create melodies adhering to a specific scale. Add probability settings to individual notes. Create tracks with different lengths. Digitone makes it easy to create intricate and musical patterns. Digitone is 759 USD/779 EUR/699 GBP and is available for purchase now. Initially we will ship to retailers, however we have a small batch available now in our [webshop](http://elektron.se/products/digitone), move fast to secure your unit. [More info, video and sounds at Elektron.se](http://elektron.se/products/digitone) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UokYcgEKupQ
25 Likes

I like the button colors… :slight_smile:

8 Likes

nice one elektron. the volcaFM for rich kids.
Can you p-Lock the order of operators? (between the 8 algorithms)

6 Likes

Interesting to see how the envelopes will be, simple or complex?

Trigger pulled. Payday is tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yep. They say so in the video.

1 Like

“melodies adhering to a scale”.
woop.

ordered :sunglasses:

I posted this in the Elektron at NAMM thread, but since is the official DO thread, I’ll repost it here for discussion.

I’m unimpressed and disappointed. In fact, I haven’t been excited by anything recent that Elektron has done and that’s starting to bother me. What’s the purpose for this synth at this price point? At this point in technology, I can’t understand why they can’t give this the MM layout of 6 tracks with their own distortion and delay, the MM machines, their new FM algos, and maybe one of the MD synthesis machines. Then you’d have a proper box that’d be worth the ridiculous asking price for this thing.

I could see maybe picking this up down the road when it’s used and a ton cheaper, but it actually popped my GAS bubble hard.

With all that said, I can see this being a good companion for the DT, and if I had money to burn, I’d probably buy both just to have a smaller portable setup. I really wish we could get a more all-in-one box from Elektron that would make it easy to travel with just one machine.

Pros:
New sequencer
8 voice polyphony (I’m assuming per track, if not, put that into the Cons section)
Smaller size

Cons:
Only 4 tracks of synthesis and 4 MIDI tracks
No individual outs (don’t give me that OB shite)
No delay or distortion per track
Only 2 LFOs per track
Mainly just FM synthesis

15 Likes

thanks @Jensu , I didn’t catch the video

EDIT: you are not referring to the sound per step feature are you? - that wouldn’t be what I mean

Payday was two days ago, ordered as well. I felt it but wasn’t ready. This plus the Digitakt on a custom plywood base (with handle) will be an extremely portable and capable bundle. You could fit both in a small pelican case too.

Time to fire up my cnc and get working.

1 Like

Glad to hear you can apply the FX to the inputs. The Digitakt doesn’t allow that as far as I know. That always bummed me out.

1 Like

Order placed! Bring it bring it bring it bring it!

Elektron’s description including phrases like “magnificent desolation” - it’s like your targeting algorithm and copy editors knew how to get right to my heart. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does it have song mode?

3 Likes

-sigh- This would be an absolute instant buy if it had an FX track.

I was just gonna ask the same thing. I didn’t see anything in a quick search for “song”. It does have pattern chaining, so that seems to be like the DT.

I am sure this is all very nice, and it will sell quickly, but Elektron please get your other products
updated and OS bugs ironed out first before you put out something new.

23 Likes

Actually the price was more 623 euros when I ordered…VAT free ! :blush:

2 Likes

Im at work and I just about spit out my lunch during the intro video when Cenk walks up and leans on the wall by the digitone. I don’t know why but that was priceless!

8 Likes

Well i wont sell my Monomachine :slight_smile:
More LFO , synthesis machine etc. on the Mono.
Ouf, GAS cured.

Though its very nice for someone looking for an Fm synth with sequencer.

5 Likes

I understood you as P-lock of algorithm type. But that maybe not what you’re meaning?

1 Like