Introducing Digitone

Great video by Red Means Recording, featuring Cenk! :joy:

28 Likes

That seriously made me crack up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha, Iā€™m a minute in and cracking up! :joy::joy:

How to Digitone

Going by the current demos would the DN be good for techno baselines.
Tossing up between DN and Moog DFAM for this purpose.

I was just about to post this :smiley:

But now Elektron will HAVE to put that photo of Cenk inside every box, otherwise no deal! :smile:

4 Likes

Announcing the newest accessory from Elektron! A tiny little picture frame to put your CenkPic in.

4 Likes

I still think we need an official Cenk bobble head figurine.

4 Likes

I want a Cenk t-shirt
Maybe with the words: ā€œCenk from Elektronā€ on it

cenkiswatchingyou

"P-Locking intensifies!"

9 Likes

Syntheeesis

3 Likes

wow. I just listened to that video and am very impressed. Assuming this wonā€™t have the same issues as Elektronā€™s other recent releases that people have been reporting (bugs and hardware defects), this is gonna be impossible to resist!

one issue reported from @Hans_Olo

Dude deserves a free t-shirt or hoodie

and a camera in his studio so Cenk can watch him :hushed:

The DN is a wavetable synth, it just has very few wavetables. The operator can interpolate between the 27 waveforms in the manual (which is a wavetable) and those are faze modulated, the same way that the DX-7 was using a look-up table of a sine wave.

While it would be amazing to open up the possibility to use other waveforms with the DN engine, it might not be in line with Elektronā€™s intention of simplification.

likely mentioned here, but man itā€™s too bad you only get AEG for ops A and B. Part of what makes FM wild and crazy in the DX world are the EGs per OP. This is partially addressed in adding a filter w/ envelope - but FM can do lots more than just approximate filter sweeps. Yamaha had this right. I love vanilla though, tastes great.

2 Likes

You can always use the Digitone to parameter lock your DX-7 :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Not without SysEx unfortunately. :drunk:

1 Like

Please note that the Digitone (DN) Category is now live ā€¦

https://www.elektronauts.com/c/elektron-gear/digitone

4 Likes