Introducing Digitone

Yes, if you use the Track Note method in Grid recording mode you can use KB SCALE and KB CHORD to place chords with the press of a single key. You can then use the ROOT NOTE parameter to move the root note to offset the whole chord you placed.
There is no way to adjust velocity/note length or microtiming separately for every note on a single step. Microtiming is used on the trig itself so it treats all the notes on that step as a “package”.

6 Likes

Parameeter

1 Like

Excited about the DN. Very forward thinking.

4 Likes

Elektron should think about hiring Cenk. He’s pretty good.

10 Likes

Right! He’s always at their booths at any conference- always wearing clothing with their Logo on it.

He’s even made videos about their gear THAT THEY’VE ACTUALLY USED ON THEIR YOUTUBE. He even SAYS he’s from Elektron! Not even dropping HINTS!

When are they going to put together the clues?!?!?!

4 Likes

TR-09 + DN and you’ve got instant Robert Hood.

7 Likes

Ordered! (will suit me better than the great DT which was sold today!). Today’s Quick bug fix was the 5% i need to achieve my decision.

1 Like

I’d like to log a complaint:
Why didn’t elektron make the Digitone hardware look exactly like the Digitakt?

For those of us on GAS budgets who are co-habiting with a significant other, the Digitone’s new colourful buttons run a high risk of attracting attention and our being asked ‘what’s that? some MORE new gear?’

Anyway, I’ve taken that risk and ordered! :grinning: yowza! Gerry Bass and Kenny Loggin’s Danger Zone are go!

7 Likes

Gotta adopt the 1 in, 1 out mantra.

For me, OP-1 out (again), and DN + 12V battery pack in.
Still portable, still got some FM… still 4 tracks even… and I don’t mind trading the FM radio for some conditional trigs and sound locks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But I hear you on the color palette.
Thrilled that those little chiclet track buttons match my portable drum machine (Patterning)

7 Likes

Where are people purchasing the DN? Are they still available?

I bet people not in the know won’t notice. To the outside eye it just looks like a little black box.

Kinda like if you were to look at a page written in Chinese- it all just looks like Chinese

1 Like

"yeah, I got some new colourful buttons’ … seems a plausible explanation.

2 Likes

t’was a DIY project (stocks up on red, yellow, green, and purple nail polish)

back order in france. Store i ordered at announcing 12 feb, saying that it’s elektron who gave this date… we’ll see…

I just bought an A4 - I was hoping that the Analog Four, Digitakt and Bass Station 2 would last me for years.

I’m very tempted to order a Digitone though…

2 Likes

Received a $50 voucher from my local retailer towards any purchase, also with the super fast bug squashing very tempted to order… waiting for them to get back on how much inventory they’ll have, otherwise i’ll wait for batch 2…

Wouldn’t it be better to learn your A4 before buying another synth? This is what I’m going to do, I will give myself 3-4 months to learn my new A4 and then I’ll order a DN. Who knows, price might be lowered by then, bugs fixed, more user feedback… Win-win! :slight_smile:

1 Like

They can and will if you let them, it’s just a matter of taking your foot of the GAS and pressing the breaks.:smile:

That being said, I think a Digitone would compliment an A4 very nicely… :joy:

5 Likes

I think that’s wise, often too many synths does not help to make music, especially if your still learning them.
Too many little areas that you work on just a little bit on each instead of doing a lot on one or two pieces…
If I just had one box I’d get so much done on it… :smile:

3 Likes

Don’t listen to these guys,buy more gear…More! MOOOOORRRREEEEEE!

6 Likes