Introducing Digitone

so you Guys have setled here now to call it DN ? not DTo ?

and agreed: DT and DTo will fit nicely together !
while on the other side: its just a plain shame what elektron is doing.
throwing one box after the other to the Market, while you would have thought they´ll finish with their given Manpower first your freshly bought Box in -at some corner-, Beta state.
i mean: i still can´t backup any of my work or recorded samples from the DT. go figure.
and all new boxes adding up now on the pile of bugfixing workload ? good luck

1 Like

I think they had to strike while the iron was hot- look at how productive they’ve been the last year! I have no doubt that that productivity will now be applied to OS updates.

Get ready to see your boxes expand in record time.

Meanwhile- goodness gracious! HOW ABOUT THAT FM SYNTH?!?!

2 Likes

I don’t know if somebody posted these already but you can hear more of the factory content of the DN

1 Like

As an early adopter uploading rad videos to get people to buy the machine is now up to you :slight_smile:

With great power…

1 Like

Strangely, the new 4-operator phase modulation synth in Bitwig is keeping me from ordering a Digitone right now.

1 Like

When it comes in(in about a month) I’ll weigh out the need against my reluctance to do so :smiley:

1 Like

I wonder if these modes are available for the MIDI tracks? I’ve looked through the manual and don’t see it listed or any reference to it. Would be sweet!!

This looks like a very nice machine! Sine wave goodness :slight_smile: I hope all will be well with it and that the firmware will be good enough from day 1!

No not really, the synth engines are quite different. And the sound is also very different.

That’s what I say every time about a week before I see another box with knobs that could fit somewhere.

9 Likes

Pretty amazed that a synth I didn’t know existed a week ago is looking like it will be delivered tomorrow…!!

5 Likes

Is this 8 voices per synth track, or can only 8 voices be played at a time in the sequence?

8 voices total dynamic or assignable to 4 tracks.

This is further evolution of the side car or mini groove rig instruments for Elektron. Very nicely done. I like the button colours and enjoyed a few of the demos a lot. I upgraded to Live 5 way back because it came out with it’s own dedicated FM instrument. Really, really loved the bell and other complex metal tones. The DN does that and more.

I tend to get those sounds through samples and recording physical instruments for live work these days, but I could totally see grabbing a DN for home sound design. A whole world there. I still use Operator sounds from time to time. Also could be a great all in one instrument for some.

I like that the electronic box as instrument concept is not lost on Elektron. Considering the element of play in sound design and composition integrating with performance, they’ve created an integrated, compact electronic music instrument of high caliber. Same with the DT, very nice drum sampler in compact format. The new line is fairly fleshed out, mk IIs, etc, so now onward with bug fixes, updates, video and such.

3 Likes

I couldn’t find a confirmation in the manual :
Is there 8 voices polyphony (homophony) for midi tracks too ?
Where is it in the manual ?

5.3.2 THE MIDI TRACKS pg.15

11 Likes

Ah, the best Elektron manuals reader is in the place ! :thup:

2 Likes

I’m not seeing where to enter these extra notes though…
All I find is the root note setting, which mentions extra notes… :thinking:

Yeah that’s why I asked. :wink:
8CC, but only one LFO for midi tracks ?
Specs don’t mention it clearly.

Maybe it’ll have something to do with the chord input, or they’ll show up on the midi trig parameters page…

Currently it does not look like the manual explains how to enter them… :face_with_monocle:

Edit: whoops, shame on me, didn’t look hard enough, answer a few posts down…(section 10.2.3-4) :nerd_face:

3 Likes