Introducing Digitone

I’ve owned all elektrons beside the Sid, DT, and AH. Have used all.
The DN has me more excited than any other. Seriously feature packed synth for the size and money.

7 Likes

Honestly, I made my decision within 5 seconds of seeing the machine. It is a BEAST. Can’t wait to try running it through my OTO Biscuit and Analog Heat for maximum nasty bitcruched crunchy beefage with a bass bechamel sauce.
Slide or no slide, it is a great machine. I think it will be implemented. Everything else seemed to be working great.

4 Likes

nice avatar, btw

1 Like

For any Canadians in this thread I think I just harangued Tom Lee Music into adding an product number to their system so if you call in you can actually get them to put in a preorder for you.

Also the price I was quoted was $937 plus tax ($1049 all in)

Yeah that sounds sick, love the dreaminess combined with that solid bass.
My setup will be complete with the DN, all bases covered :wink:

Digitone - flexible FM synthesis
OB6 - rich analogue beast
Virus TI - one of the best VAs around
OT - killer sampler
AudioDamage Boomtschak - analogue drum
Intellijel Plonk - physical modelling

2 Likes

I can’t believe how bad the online Canadian stores are! At moogaudio they won’t even let you enter a billing address different from your shipping address. But why $937? Moogaudio have them at $880 before tax.

Oh man you are in for a treat.
Some SRR from the OTO Biscuit applied to sin wave FM is just heavenly :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Do we know if Digitone will be ready to use with Overbridge immediately, or is Overbridge forthcoming as with the Digitakt?

Reason I ask is I’ll be using it with Overbridge primarily so if it’s likely to be a while off until Overbridge is ready for Digitone I think I’ll wait to pick one up.

Not read the whole thread but I did see a question regarding whether the audio inputs on the Digitone will appear in Overbridge too?

Hopefully it’ll be like the Analog Keys in that it arrives into EXT L EXT R inputs in Overbridge, rather than down the main output that contain the internal fx returns

Yes i know that often the billing address is different than shipping address, but we had frauds and we are not able to accept different address anymore.
(i worked at the web service)

3 Likes

Forthcoming. Later this year.

2 Likes

Seems like they are just doing a straight conversion from the US price. I would love to pay less, but Tom Lee is convenient for me to visit so the convenience fee is acceptable

1 Like

Oh I see, I actually don’t mind going to the store because I can try out other gear.

1 Like

wonders if the DN will be bug-free

hovers over pre-order button

:thinking:

1 Like

You are missing a mono analog synth!

I don’t think I’d be AS interested in this this if I didn’t have the DT and loved it- the DT workflow is perfect and if they hit their goal the way they did with the DT then this box is going to be absolutely magical. They will have truly aced their game at one of their cheapest prices!

3 Likes

I promise- if it’s as euphoric an experience as o expect it to be- I might post videos to encourage others to join me in this teeny-tiny bliss

(Keyword: might- because right now it doesn’t sound like fun to do)

yeah seriously! elektron, please port at least the new scales to your older products!

6 Likes

I do t think the Peak does anything like the DN when it comes to synthesis, but sound wise it’s not so far away.

1 Like

I’ve burned through my supply of fresh, hot Digitone videos.

Someone hook me up, I need my fix.

5 Likes

ditto :smile:

1 Like