Introducing Digitone

ROFL! New products when you can’t keep up promised updates for your existing machines - Elektron, you are a joke!

16 Likes

Given their behavior around the Digitone I feel like they may have taken complaints to heart. They did say February after they missed the December date so hopefully soon.

1 Like

lol, elektron.se currently shows sold out status already.

1 Like

Nope. Same as Digitakt. From p. 38 of the manual:

“Please note that the chain will be lost when you create a new chain or when you select a new bank/pattern. Also, chains cannot be saved and are lost when you switch the Digitone off.”

Welp, I’m off to buy a Synthstrom Deluge instead.

5 Likes

I just can’t see a lot that can’t be done with the Digitakt already… Only 4 synth tracks? No FX per track… Overdrive only on the master?? I think I’d buy a second Digitakt to be used a a digital synth instead of this… Am I missing something here??

2 Likes

yea never mind, I’m just being really thick here. it is what I meant and he clearly says it. thanks for pointing me to it. it’s still early here for me. cheers bud!

2 Likes

Well I guess we know now why you can’t get the bugs fixed and deliver promised functionality on the Digitakt. Not impressed.

9 Likes

Wow. Very cool. I can really appreciate how hard they’re working on all this stuff. They’ve got a killer little family of machines now. They made the jump to a whole new suite. Cant be easy. Software updates should flow fast now. Digitone and Digitakt would be an amazing pair. Well done Elektron and good luck for 2018 :slight_smile:

I’m surprised it doesn’t say “(Before Digitakt, circa 2020)” underneath the announcement.

4 Likes

Ordered :sweat_smile:

Dataline Attenborough ! :grin:

13 Likes

Seems nice , audio in through the fx is good. I wonder if digitakt will inherit that ?

Not an instant buy as I have multiple fm boxes already.
Will probably grab new pocket operator instead.

3 Likes

Already sold out! Damn it literally took just seconds…

2 Likes

@hotscience you can play the browser based version now buddy!

2 Likes

W00000! Too bad I can’t at work :frowning:

1 Like

a companion for the A4 (MkI&MkII)

FUCK

ONLY :8 voice polyphony and no song mode no PARAMETER SLIDE really? It’s a synth!

I hope they will be working on a digitone XL with 8 tracks and 32 voices !!!

9 Likes

Man I must admit this release makes me kinda confused/mad. I really think Elektron is overextending on the number of machines, which makes me less and less hopeful for the already awful stability experience on my Digitakt.

13 Likes

ugh, you have no idea the frustrating half hour I just spent with my bank trying to get the transaction to go thru, when they finally unlock shit on their end, sold out :frowning:

1 Like

I wonder if the envelopes will be a switchable between exponential and linear… a girl can dream!

4 Likes