Introducing Digitakt

awesome the *machinedrum Tutorial, part 3
:tunga:

Yeah, I never owned a MD UW, but I’m warming to the idea of a OT + DT combo. Much more useful to me for the size than the AH, but then I can’t really compare the two. I realised I could get away with just an OT plus about five or six guitar pedals live, but having a dedicated small beat box would allow more freedom on the OT.

1 Like

Reminiscent of your ‘listen for the new Op1 firmware’ marketing campaign :wink:

3 Likes

Digitakt as Analog Four expander (ignore midi) …

expand the 4 tracks of the A4 with the digitakt … record A4 shots into it … your thoughts?

2 Likes

Interesting if you don’t have Ot. A4 is stereo…

No more stereo than Digitakt or Rytm. The 4 voices are mono, the FX are stereo. Same as Rytm and Digitakt.

I don’t get the mono hate. Mono is better anyway I think. No individual outs aren’t great, but with Elektron effects or the dubious Overbridge, it’s workable.

If it can follow other machines with song mode, it’s workable.

Yeah, mono is mostly fine/better for individual drum/percussive samples. Think the complaints are from people wanting to use digitakt for more than that. Like field/youtube/layered samples etc that have width and things spread around the stereo field. Or being able to resample/bounce digitakt patterns that have panned tracks…

1 Like

Wish some demo videos would hurry up. Reading these posts every day has me dying to see it in action

Be interesting to see the new sampling/resampling/saving etc workflow. Besides that I hope they’ve put some stuff in there that hasn’t been disclosed yet. A bunch of new insert fx, or some kind of scenes/snapshots/morph function. Something ‘new’…

1 Like

Yeah, the interface of the box does seem to suggest some workflow enhancements. I hope this will be fun to sample live with and build a beat in the moment from mic’ed sound sources.
Agreed on hopefully having some sort of performance macro/scene functionality.

2 Likes

yeh, i reckon that would be a pretty combo then and AR and DT.
AF and DT would be pretty darn good.

1 Like

7 Likes

Wait and see

the new weapon for dancefloor
:quirky:

any “secret” intel on videos for the DT yet? :slight_smile:

somewhere earlier in this thread i read about people not liking in which direction Elektron is shifting … honestly, i think its a good idea to “attack” the lower price ranges with some proper equipment. I dont know ANY real and proper MIDI-Sequencer for 650 € - which also handles audio and actually records it.

The moment you have to use another sequencer you instantly notice how limited you are in terms of what you can do with it. Look at the Drumbrute; look at the Beatstep Pro - for example. Their sequencers arent bad, but they are limited compared to the Elektron Sequencer. And if you take into account that the Beatstep Pro is almost the ONLY sequencer in a price range below 600 € that can actually be called a sequencer - but still only offers 2 tracks + Drummap stuff - and isnt even polyphonic … the DT will melt the competition with its MIDI Sequencer alone! Dont forget to take this into account people. MIDI Sequencing with 8 Tracks was already a huge thing with the OT. now you get this for 650 € - and with Trig Conditions! Competition killed, thats the only thing i can say :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Heard the electribe midi sequencers meant to be OK? Never used one but seem pretty good for the price at least. Seen them new for £300…

yeah you’re right. Totally missed those out :slight_smile: But you dont have real Parameter Locks on those. on the ESX/EMX it was like that, for sure. I had an EMX once. You have Motion Sequences you first need to record and then you can change the parameters per step. Thats not really … nice, just ok. dont know their MIDI Part (did an EMX even had MIDI?). But im almost sure they are not poly …

The only real sequencer i know is the Social Entropy Engine. It has P-Locks and is also polyphonic afaik. But its not available in Germany and it also cant sample - no Trig Conditions either. And its already 665 $, would prolly cost more than 800 € if you import it with all the shitty Tax stuff … So the Digitakt will most likely be the best for the price when its out i guess.

3 Likes

Good price money from the french seller :cb:
http://fr.audiofanzine.com/sequenceur-hardware/social-entropy/engine/petites-annonces/i.1215317.html
:meh:

hehe, yeah. 600 € and used … nope, the DT will be the better choice - for sure! :slight_smile:

:elan: Good way/same thing
…pff spring follow
:nosey:

----------