Introducing Digitakt

oh jezoz here we go >__<

Just my stupid opinion. No worries, mate. (Internets).

i also thinkā€¦ here we go againā€¦
but I actually blame myself for being here
no one else

Apologies again :cold_sweat: I guess with no new info the thread has nowhere to go but in circlesā€¦

1 Like

Life moves in circles

i think there is some kind of forum design problem hereā€¦
there can be a part on top with ā€˜popular postsā€™
not only ā€˜popular linksā€™.

this will make it easy to filter interesting information from this big amount of posts

To me, ā€œdrum computerā€ doesnā€™t mean anything to do with synthesisā€¦ I mean look at the ā€œclassicā€ use of it

These are both sample-based.

Iā€™m guessing Elektron are just trying to make a futuristic version of the above devices (right down to having similar looking buttons!) rather than implying that their device has synthesis engines despite never actually mentioning it (and denying it in a few cases).

8 Likes

Apparently the new mpc has been put back a month. Perfect opportunity for digitakt to release some vids and a proper release date to catch those undecided between the live and digitakt

2 Likes

computer = sequencer
synthesizer = soundmaker

2 Likes

Wonder if the mpc delay is fixing bugs or programming additional features? Tbh I see barely any crossover between the mpc and the digitakt. Totally different feature set/workflow besides the fact theyā€™re both samplers. I think most people buying either will already be set on which one fits their needs best.

What Iā€™m most interested in is how it sequences both midi and audio and what it can do with the samples.

I do a lot of sampling, beatmaking and sound design itb and want a machine I can load with those sounds to play live sequenced with my midi gear. This seems perfect. If it isnā€™t Iā€™ll opt for the octatrack though had also considered the mpc 1000

The mpc live is also an option but the digitakt is definitely out in front until I can make proper decision after seeing them in action

+1 for the OTā€¦ i have to say Iā€™m a letting it get to me. This whole notion of keeping certain features from each box is really frustrating.

The OT is definitely the best bang for your buck considering the numerous ways it can be used and the midi sequencing.

I get that Elektron doesnt want to cannibalise sales from each box but for those that have limited studio space, it becomes a never ending argument/hassleā€¦ especially if you are doing more than 1 type of music (such as myself and am guessing a lot of the hobbyists on this forum).

Oh wellā€¦ :smile: i still love Elektron and its workflowā€¦
I just wish we could get midi sequencing on the AR or A4ā€¦ would make life MUCH easier :wink:

1 Like

Used my OT for first time in 6 months+ last night. Copied all my rc300 guitar loop banks on to my mem card. Insane unimagined new track within half hour. OT is a beast. Some itā€™ll be there on Digitakt but not the stuff that rounds it out in to what it is (from current released spec anyway. Iā€™d BADLY miss the scenes/fader for one. For a drum sampler, as advertised, its probably pretty great tho.

1 Like

Thinking how great the OT + DT combo could be, Iā€™m wondering if it would be possible to link the DT to the OT, so as to have DTā€™s pattern changing and following the patterns on the OT?

1 Like

Fair enough.

@AdamJay Oh, did they? My bad. Iā€™ve been so long out of this convo. Iā€™ll remove myself. Apologies.

am still weighing up MPC Live vs Digitakt, swaying more towards MPC based on the online marketing, feature set and price

Highly likely (since every Elektron instrument so far does this), but not yet confirmed. Roll on, April!

2 Likes

Digi will be more expensive than a korg es 2 so you can imagine accordingly

:loopy::content:

1. will the DT timestretch/pitchshift audio samples to match the BPM of a project?
  2. functionality & quality of the Delay & Reverb effects?
  3. resampling capability?

:pray:

1 Like

Iā€™m really curious about editing sample in the box. The AR can not chop and delete portions of a sample however every sampler I have can. I think it wonā€™t be able to and thatā€™s another reason theyā€™re calling it a drum machine and not a sampler.
But honestly, without that basic feature, I wonā€™t be sold on it.

1 Like