Introducing Digitakt

OT is still unique IMO.
For us ´Nauts, I see DT as a side companion for the other machines, completing them more than competiting with them…
I don’t see it as the brain whereas OT, with 4 ins/4 outs and scenes+crossfader and 32 GB memory…
Unbeaten to my eyes.

4 Likes

but octatrack can do that also (drums) can OT have different samples per step ?

edit

i see now it has sample per step , and probably 8 stereo tracks ? So it all boils down to probability steps that DT has and OT hasn’t , and more advanced sampler that OT has, time stretch, pitch shift 2 insert fx 3 lfo ( for now )

edit edit

oh i see now octatrack has 80mb ram for flax machine ? that is not that joyfully lot more than 64mb am in DT

It’s tough to compare since we don’t know the full feature set of the DT. It’d be tough to choose between the two, but as a dedicated sampler the OT can’t be beat IMO.

2 Likes

I think the Perf Modes are a bit daunting, personally. Whenever I tried to program some on my A4/AR I felt lost at sea, and I don’t feel right NOT using them. Turn off. Obviously a great feature, but I think the biggest perk of the DT is that it’s going to be fun and easy to bring new people into the Elektron brand. It doesn’t take much to make samples sound good, but will still offer enough sculpting to Elektron-ify the sounds to make them more custom. I think it would be a poor choice to incorporate drum synths into this box for the same reason.

OT seams like great tool for samples, but at the same time somehow inaccessible ( to me ) We will have to wait and see how far will DT go with sample editing and transforming. But for now in my opinion its accessibility is big plus ( and screen and new buttons are part of this image i guess )

1 Like

Just for fun ?? Or

9 Likes

I totally get that the OT is daunting. It took me months to actually be comfortable with it and I’m still learning new things.

Well to be fair the DT will have overbridge and you will be able to process each track separately. Not sure how many individual tracks will be available though? I can squeeze six out the AR.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I have zero interest in relying on a laptop to be tethered to my hardware sampler for any purposes.

3 Likes

This absolutely cracked me up!!! :joy: :thup:

1 Like

Only the flex machine is limited to the 80mb ram you can also stream directly from your memory card with the static machine. I use a 16 gig card!

1 Like

I hear you. I’m not a fan of it either. That’s why I have eyes for the MPC Live

2 Likes

K, got ya. For me the Performances are a vital essence in my Music Production on the Elektron Machines. But this primarily has to do with the Style im producing (Minimal/Tech-House and the like). They are awesome to build Risers and Drops on the Fly and they free you from programming all of this into the Sequencer which, in turn, forces you to create more patterns and … i get lost with a lot of patterns, quite easily :slight_smile:

Cant say that it would be bad to incorporate Drum Synths into the Digitakt, but the Price Tag is pretty low for an Elektron machine, so that would rather not happen because of … the Price Tag :slight_smile:

I think that it would make sense to introduce a line of “Small” Elektron machines in the formfactor of the Digitakt. Literally; the Digitakt is like an Octatrack lite. So next up could be a Rytm/Machinedrum Lite - that would then offer Drum Synthesis, but is digital. And finally - an Analog Four/Monomachine Lite, which - yet again, same Formfactor - is also digital. All of them do not offer very deep editing Features - just enough to make your sound personal. But are easy to use, easy to setup - perfect to inject Elektron DNA into the people using them. And then they are ready they get the big boys! :slight_smile: I totally think that Elektron will go this way and the Digitakt is the machine they start with!

1 Like

Nope. It is an AR light without analog stuff and with midi tracks based on Analog series seq.
Different structure from Octatrack.

1 Like

The AR cant sample. It is an Octatrack lite with an “easy” Interface :wink: Because at its base it offers Octatrack Numbers: 8 Audii Tracks, 8 Midi-Tracks, always ready to sample. But its mono … of course.

1 Like

Made from AR, not OT, otherwise it would be stereo.

Oh no I’m getting de ja vu…

3 Likes

Yes you can have 2 mono. :wink:

We prob shouldn’t debate weather It’s and OT lite or a Lil Rytm, I know where that goes…

5 Likes

^ Wise man detected ^

:smile:

4 Likes