Introducing Digitakt

I asked something similar. An overbridge update is coming to allow for rapid sample transfer/management. Whether that will be available upon release of Digitakt is anyones guess at the moment.

I didn’t try the beta, what did they change?

Caannn t waiiiit
 Électron are so cruel

Reduced arp steps from 8 to 4, could do some more interesting stuff with the beta. Can’t replicate my favourite arp pattern from the beta on the final version :frowning: Keep considering going back to the old beta version. Also lost all my Slump patches after they switched that synth to ‘Voltage’ in the final version.

Yes indeed. Or at least provide an internal MIDI bridge to use a Midi track to improve an audio track (x2 LFO, arp, double proba sequencer
 double step !!!)

4 Likes

I’d prefer something dedicated to the sample tracks, but an option that could be shared internally between the midi or audio tracks would be totally acceptable, such as on the Monomachine LFO tracks.

I dream of something that could essentially use an arp to trigger different sample slices, but I imagine that is unlikely within the Digitakt design (but for an OT 2
oh man), but you could get some cool pitch and timing variation on samples that way.

I dunno, I just hope Elektron starts thinking this way. I’ve been having a blast recently using the Squarp Pyramid arp to trigger samples in Korg Gadget on iOS, or using the Pyramid arp on the MD, and it seems like untapped potential with Elektron’s approach to drums and samples.

1 Like

Yeah this is pretty much how it works on the OP1 arp. Sample length is limited to 12 secs but you can set up slices where you like and then mess with arpeggio (and +/- octave on overall pitch) looking for interesting patterns etc. Would be great to see this kind of arp on DT (or added to OT obvs ;). Also hoping I can use the Op1 arpeggio with MPC Live via the built in USB hub for same kind of portable jams but with stereo/longer samples and more memory for storing interesting patches etc. Op1 is mono samples and onboard memory is almost non-existent

Do we know if Digitakt will have Song mode?

Yeah I’m still pretty pissed about this. Considering going back to the beta but I like the new LFO shapes a lot. Hopefully one of the tinkerers on the firmware thread will come out with a version that has the best of both worlds.

1 Like

where ?

My Sweetwater rep hooked me up. Ryan in this forum actually sparked my attention to the MPC Live which I’m heavily considering, but I want to get my paws on the new Digitakt to see if that fulfills what I’m after. I know the MPC is very capable but I want to give Elektron a try before I go that route. As stated in an earlier post, if I don’t like it, I can return it.

Speaking of Sweetwater,

Their product page says the 8 audio tracks are STEREO.

Mistake? or do they know something we don’t know?
@Ess ? @Jon ?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Digitakt

2 Likes

We may not need to, if what Sweetwater is saying is true.

If the DT sounds anywhere close to the MDUW. I might have to consider purchasing one.

The audio tracks are mono. But you can of course pan them, in order to place them in the L/R output stereo field.

3 Likes

Are there people who own a RYTM who are interested in the DT?
I am, at first because of the MIDI sequencer + because it’s a ‘real’ sampler

The sample(player) functionality in the RYTM is cool, layering with the (drum) synth engine,
but also cool for a lot of other sounds of course.
But to have a standalone sampler with sampling/resampling possibilities next to it could be a lot of extra fun.

I read people are questioning whether the 64mb RAM is enough
Also is seems to handle only mono samples, which to some could be a reason not to want it.

Well, it of course depends on your personal interest, but I think sometimes less is more, so
I took the chance and had a try to kind of mimic the DT with the help of my RYTM.

I loaded a bunch of samples (source: Korg Volca FM and some drum samples) total of ± 5mb)
I used only the sample engine of the RYTM and it’s amazing what you can do with it.

So the DT adds, sampling, re-sampling, midi-sequencer, better sample handling and it even might have some other extra’s up it’s sleeve, excited what they are cooking right now @ :3lektron:

2 Likes

Yeah, i’ve got a rytm and im kind of thinking about selling my Md and get a DT and Nord drum2 combo.

The MD is just here out of sentiment tbh. I might keep it and go for the nd2/dt combo either way

And if that all I need I might even sel the rytm too if the samples sound good on the DT.

2 Likes

I thought
 maybe is the DT the stripped down version of the Rytm, without Scenes, Perf and Synth

So we might have an update for the Rytm sampler :blush:

Yeah, I do not own a NordDrum, but I really like the sound.
NordDrum 3p is on my most wanted list.

O no, I don’t even want to think about selling my RYTM
 to much in :heart_eyes: with it.

I don’t think so
 both will have their own particular skills.
But let’s see what they come up with.

I was happy not caring for DT.
then, a few days ago, I went to a friend’s gig, he was doing a liveset - at one moment during the set, he played around with a Volca Sample - I used to have one, sold it to save up some money for Analog Heat
 started remembering how fun it is working within limitations, 16-step patterns, squeezing little tricks out of it
 then it hit me - how DT could be interesting to play a certain game, to end up with different results.
conclusion of the story: f**k.

3 Likes