Introducing Digitakt

On OT
With Timestretch On, Pitch parameter = Pitch Shift
The speed doesn’t change.
With Timestretch Off, Pitch parameter = Pitch
The speed changes.
Can’t say Pitch and Pitch Shift are the same.

heheh all good, I know very well how easy it is to misinterpret comments in text!

Very late for me too. Good night !
Can’t change the sample rate of my sleep…

1 Like

What about the opposite… 24bit/96khz please.

1 Like

I see folks talking about the pads being named… Elektron said this machine is to be more accessible at this price point. If this box is the intro for someone into the Elektron workflow, maybe they felt they need a little straight forward guidance. Also it could mean they have locked each pad to a specific type of digital drum engine.

No synthesis inside the DT…

:zonked:

9 Likes

No, this kind of old school sampler grit is something a purely digital sampler like the DT could never achieve. Analog filtering after the DAC is essential for that sound. It was intended to remove the aliasing from the low bitrate but it also adds quite some punch on the old samplers.
Don’t believe lowering the bitrate alone will make the DT sound like an MPC 60.

2 Likes

I reckon Digitakt sequencing a Volca Sample would do wonders if this is the goal.

2 Likes

lol no I’m not talking about antialiasing… nor am I talking about old hardware samplers in particular.

I literally mean the ‘glassy’ artifacts that appear when slowing a sample down and not filtering it. Listen to old Protracker modules without interpolation to hear what I’m talking about.

1 Like

Preordered mine yesterday!

dang, it’s available for preorder already?!

I’m loosely considering selling my machinedrum to get one, simply because the limitation of using samples only may actually make my music better (and also the awesome sequencer)… I was going to spend the next couple of months messing around with just the MD to see if it’d change my mind but if preorders are starting already… hmmm

I plan on keeping my MD bc you can’t recreate what it is. There’s still a lot of information we are waiting for but I’m sold just on the midi sequencing capabilities. Yes, I placed a preorder for the Digitakt with Sweetwater, mainly so I don’t have to wait in case there is a drought like the previous elektron boxes.

I’m guessing it’ll be a while before we see them in Australia; perhaps I’ll wait for the preorder hype to die down before picking one up… maybe wait until they’re actually in stock so I can avoid The Great Monomachine Frustration of 2015 happening again :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It says something about brand quality/loyalty that folk are prepared to buy or pre order a product that they’ve only ever seen as a prototype, under a piece of Perspex…I suppose you can always send it back if you don’t like it.

I remember the same mass rush for the Minilogue.

This is probably unrealistic for the Digitakt, but it would be brilliant if Elektron had an arp on the sample side of the machine. I’ve had a lot of fun using the Monomachine arp on percussion sounds in that box, as well as using external arps on the MDUW and OT, but Elektron has yet to natively incorporate arpeggiation on any sample oriented device. It’s really handy for getting notes/timing where you want (the “sequencer within a sequencer” element), or for creating pitch variations of a sample within a sequence.

1 Like

Yep, good call. Arp is great on OP1 for percussion. Was even better in the beta before they dummied it down for the official release :confused:

3 Likes

Yeah good call. Being able to create “drumkits” like custom versions of the monomachine kit would be great with an arpeggiator. Arp drums is one of my favourite monomachine tricks, it’s so good for juke/footwork stuff.

1 Like

Do WE knoW if sample transfert can bé done directly from computer to digitakt USB direct with no c6 or other thing (like mpc??