Introducing Digitakt

I wonder what the resampling is like. I wonder if you can put a few conditional trigs on the sequencer to live sample and then have your sampled pattern switch it’s groove. Could be cool.

2 Likes

alien remix. intelligent randomness.

1 Like

like @sezare56 already said. The Digitakt can sequence external gear and use Trig Conditions on its sequencer for both Audio and MIDI-Tracks. That’s what they said :slight_smile: I assume it can be controlled externally; probably like and Extension to the Octatrack if you ran out of Tracks there. But there wasnt anything revealed regarding this matter. Or did they mentioned something like that somewhere else?

As somebody who has trimmed down his setup to just an Analog Keys, this box is super tempting. Being able to build a drum library right out of my keyboard and then have this box follow along with pattern changes while utilizing conditional trigs to keep things dynamic… then have everything multi-tracked in my DAW… Damn G.

I wonder if it will have Mute Groups?

3 Likes

Sounds like a good combo. Not sure about mute groups hopefully they’ll have some kind performance controls. I’m sure they’ll have a mute page and the buttons are clearly marked and close enough together that it will be easy to mute most of the tracks at once.

Still just praying for quantized coffee maker toaster sync…
Hopefully this time they deliver.

I wonder if we can have two different hat samples mute each other?

EDIT: I suppose just using both samples on the same track would achieve that.

Yeah quick mute is when you press the track button and it mutes it as apposed to pressing function and track button to mute. Super standard wouldn’t you say?

I’m hoping for something a little more sophisticated ala the perf mode or scene mode on the AR. Maybe both?

I think they said no performance stuff

Bummer!

Lets get a Digitakt Theoretical Tips & Tricks thread going.

3 Likes

Simple tip- live stream audio through the input via pressing the function and direct bottum, have the sample input machine active on track 8 ready to loop and have loop trigs set to conditional 33%. Thanks @Ryan

2 Likes

apparently they did make a mention of this not being the only box on the horizon. I reccon they have done a line of boxes in this style :smiley:

If you like Elektron and drum machines then the AR is definitely worth it. Probably the best drum machine ever made even without the midi sequencer. Once you start playing with the AR you quickly realize that the AR is a desert island piece.

3 Likes

Hopefully the hack will be like the MD style perf. Hold function twist encoders hear wild noise then quickly reload your saved kit! :smile_cat:

1 Like

Not sure if the rytm gets all the respect it deserves, absolutely phenomenal piece of gear, will never get rid of mine no matter what comes out later…

4 Likes

They must have some stuff going on, just details to follow atm (sigh)

Theoretical Trick:

Load singlecycle waveforms into all tracks, loop mode on, each with unique pan settings…
Set LFO on some tracks to the track’s pan setting, set others to fine tune the waveform.
Change midi channels to same channel
Plug midi out into midi in.
Set all midi sequencing tracks to same channel as above, leave on for the FX channel.
Use one midi track to sequence notes.
Use another to LFO adjust the LFO depth for the pan and fine tune…

You get the idea.

This will be forever known as the RytmTrak Synth (confusing, right?). Called it.

3 Likes

As someone who really cares about performance mode I’ll just have to reach out and touch faith that your onto something here with this mute stuff - I mean without special mute modes how are we supposed to enjoy the silence?

4 Likes