Introducing Digitakt

Just a thought, you’ll get much more mileage out of that LFO if you just use conditional trigless locks, and general p-locks for the pan parameter. Keep that LFO (and auxiliary midi track LFO) for more interesting stuff. :wink:

5 Likes

Is this imaginary banter or hands on know how? :smiley:

Yes, we need a theoretical speculative manual in the files section that we incrementally update with version numbers as our ambiguous speculation ensues. I’ll make YouTube demos as we go where I speak like the device is right in front of me and explain.

Edit: If folks can’t replicate my demos they should file support tickets…

5 Likes

Don’t forget the cuckoo mirror! The details are important!

5 Likes

Wouldn’t one mirror’s mono reflection be a bit limiting? It’s 2017 after all.

2 Likes

You gotta catch his Instagram live streams for the 3D mirror experience… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Back on topic: What MIDI gear are you folks planning to sequence with those 8 MIDI tracks?

Any other unique plans for the inputs?
I’m thinking resample the entire stereo output as a loop, run the loop in reverse with a sharp Q bandpass filter on the high mids and lots of reverb. as an interesting backing layer.
Or resample synth hits with long reverb tails, and run them in reverse but crop only the tails of the sample to add depth to the synth line. Pitch to 3rds and 5ths and whatever else for harmonies.

3 Likes

A nord drum 2 expander! There you go, synthengine!

3 Likes

@LyingDalai it’s just a Question of Time. Somebody will give us all the info we need…
There must be Something to Do!

2 Likes

One must embrace ones mono reflection

1 Like

does it have a freely assignable MIDI LFO on each MIDI TRACK … so digitakt could control AR parameters, or HEAT parameters with its LFOs ?

:wink:

No, literally :wink: for mono.

Well, the big question is… when do we get more info about the digitakt. They gave us a taste of it, now we want more. Elektron, are you gonna wait till april? Hope not :grin:

Don’t expect any specific details before the Digitakt goes on sale.

Is that possible for da #digi to sample short loop <5 s.>(?)
:troll:I would like to slice and miixing smallsamplebeat like in the OT :pl: for each part of eight’(…)Whithout the complexicity of the Octatrakt.
For 600E is it possible to do this trick and benefit from this monstrous sequencer that has made elektron a flagship brand in the field of electronic music!(?)

maybe @Ess will stop by with some more tidbits, gotta get those preorders up!!!

Welcome to Elektron where you can have it your way but don’t get crazy -Bon Qui Qui

Meeblip Anode, Evolver, Microgranny, MD.

3 Likes

short compared
mpc live: can do everything even cook coffee 999
digitakt: sample and midi seq 650
nobrainer

4 Likes

Exactly

Yeah, unless Elektron are really busy adding depth to this thing I think they might have problems selling a lot of these except to cult heads. If new users with less money is the target they might struggle.

The price is too close to mpc in UK if Digitakt is at £600ish. Kids with little income/little experience won’t care about a conditional trig and will grab an sp404/es2 for half that dough. While others with a little more money/experience will prob think - save £200 extra and grab the MPC.

I love the Elektron sequencers but if I was a kid without much money/gear I’d prioritise the MPC, and then probably feel like I didn’t need the digitakt for a long time after that (all being well with stability and sound etc…). Or i’d buy an OT :wink:

4 Likes