Introducing Digitakt

I think he means ‘function for function’? Ie you can use one voice on a 12 voice synth, you can’t use 12 voices on a one voice synth. And so on…

Rings pretty true to me? :wink:

Your comment also kind of suggests some people shouldn’t waste any money on new gear ever again if everything can do everything, depending on who’s using it :wink: personally I find most ‘workarounds’ vibe killers. I just want to do what I want to do and move on as quick as poss. Not have to resample and pitch in 4 separate pitches to 4 separate tracks just to play a sample as a chord for instance. Tedious…

1 Like

AR and OT are not poly but you can use a channel splitter like Midipal to play up to eight voices.
Don’t forget DT is drum oriented.

1 Like

True, of course additional voice allocation options for the AR would also be nice. Who knows, with hints of more machines to come maybe my FM and wavetable dreams will come true. :heat:

Maybe the sampler will have “Lfo Fm” like the Analog Series…

Had they included a battery and CV IO the takt would have been of significantly more interest to Trinity owners, and head & shoulders above SP404sx and MPC500. But I guess there is a tight cost model involved to price it at 1/2 the other machines.

That said I wonder is it a 6v machine? Otherwise a 5.5v portable 2600 USB power pack might be an option (or even a smart add-on from elektron)?

If it turns out to be crammed with fx like Sp404/555 and as quick/fun I’d prob be interested. Feel like those boxes get way under-used here but I can’t bring myself to sell em cos nothing else feels quite as instant/has same mojo…

That’s why i edited it.

Yes in fact that was as so easy as that :wink: at least, firstly i think everyone will understand. it was not a judgement just a bit of child math. which don’t mean people can’t use an easy machine in a surprising way of course.

1 Like

Envelopes are dynamics processors.

What you said is interesting also (a part for your reaction to what i said) because i read that a lot.
Why would you like to make a great jam on three of those (if it’s already a great jam on 2 of those). Why people who have (X) . Machine want to be on everyone at the same time ? it’s strange to me… There’s a lot of very nice Live where the performer not tweaking every machine at the same time. And some of those are controlled and more or less never touched (there in the setup just to get that particular sound)

People sold machine because of that.

As i said you can use Analog Rytm, Octatrack, Analog Four, Analog Heat an easier manner… (cf. My statement) And with Time the complexity and what the complex machine have to offer, gives you many things to exult your creativity. Complexity must not be Something that slows down or scares…

(But i not talking about structure of the machine which is not exactly the same between OT / AR-A4-AH, that you need to know it perfectly to not loose something… and save, save, save, backup, backup it’s important on every electronic device.)

quote me “like a compressor” I was being specific. Im not slating DT It looks great and the form factor and price grab me. You can never have too many drum machines as a techno producer.

1 Like

Well, I’m gonna have to chime in with @bradleyallen here. Our perception of features we need and the requirement to work around them, is more often that we’d like to admit just something to focus on, because it’s easier to define that as a problem and imagine a solution, rather than just facing the fact that making good music is hard.

I believe everyone has the skill and talent to do it, but just won’t accept that it takes time and patience, to learn your instrument whether it’s a Volca or a guitar or a monster modular system. I am absolutely confident that whatever features the DigiTakt might miss, that could be considered essential or not, you can still create stellar pieces of music on it.

Tools are important, because we all relate to them differently. But once you’ve found your groove, you don’t need all that much to make good stuff. Getting there is hard work, though.

And listing features you’d want, lamenting on their absence and imagine what you could do if you could pan on the Circuit or if the DigiTakt had gigs of ram or if the Prophet-6 was multitimbral, that’s just a whole lot easier than sitting down and putting in the time.

13 Likes

^ 1000x Cowbell to this above :cb:

1 Like

well it is is a drummachin in the end. somewhere on subsekt someone explaines a bit more detailled why there isnt any midi sequencing. apparrtently it has to do how the cv for the analogue engines is generated internally r so

Any more details teasers on the new drum computer?

So you are making pussy hats now! I might want one.

1 Like

Well, if you need a polyphonic sequencer, buy this, and it turns out the sequencer is not polyphonic, that might be problematic. It’s as simple as actually knowing what you are buying.

What were we talking about already ?
:smile:

I would suggest, if you’re OK with this, that we let down this conversation on “less is better” as it’s mostly about opinion (both views being acceptable, from where I am).
And not facts.

Facts being something we lack quite a bit in this 1020 messages topic :tongue:

EDIT : didn’t know about “pussyhats”, thx for making your post informational @bradleyallen :smile:

2 Likes

i mostly agree. but like you said yourself, “finding your groove” is hard work. i’m feeling things have been coming together for me only since a year maybe, and i’ve started making electronic music in 1999.

there’s new instruments every few weeks, and many of us are only just feeling their way through this whole thing, so how would you know an instrument is worth your effort to really get to know it inside out? maybe it’s just not that good and you would have wasted your time learning your way around it. or maybe it’s you who’s just not trying hard enough? how could you tell? i think a lot of reluctance comes from this place.

once you’ve found your groove of course it’s much easier to tell if anything is worth your time. from my years of trial and error, i’d say don’t get too rational about it. don’t decide on your next purchase using a fucking s.w.o.t. analysis or something, that’s for squares. if you’re drawn to it, if it enters your dreams, if you want to rest your hands on it, it’s a machine you should try.

7 Likes

I agree with every single word of this.

1 Like

We can all agree that midi sequencing has never been an elektron forte. This is going to be a first for them a midi sequencer with “all the tricks of the AR”, that being said I don’t see this as a more capable poly sequencer then the OT. Probably more similar but with trig conditions.