Introducing Digitakt

Circles are bigger in DT indeed. Hard to be sure.

If you count the pixels it’s not so hard, my money’s on 128x64 OLED

1 Like

Indeed, looks can be deceiving.

1 Like

Comparisons with Volca Sample are as daft as comparisons with MPC Live if we’re using price point as a base line.

Volca Sample costs 100 clams and has crazy mojo - a lot of which comes from the analog Isolator.

Digitakt costs 650 clams - let’s hope it brings its own mojo, otherwise, unless your only after a fancy sequencer, your better off buying a Volca Sample 10 Voice Digital Drum Computer and Sampler with Analog Isolator - only joking :slight_smile:

Some will say the mojo is the sequencer in Digitakt - fair enough, but not 500 clams worth of fair enough - and the Volca sequencer has its own charms :slight_smile:

So is the Digitakt a Volca Sample on steroids? Hmmm…

looks like very similar graphics & resolution as in AH, just higher to show two parameter rows imo.

1 Like

I think you are right, or at least close. They’re just using the pixels available in a different way with the AH/DT than AR/A4. AR/A4/AH are all 122pixel wide. DT giving more to work with as well, thanks to more display height, a’la MM/MD (128x64)

1 Like

From an aesthetic point of view the Analog Heat label is above the screen and the Digitakt label below, not very consistent.

They’re consistent with inconsistencies, though. :smile:

Look at AR vs A4 screen labeling.

The reason why I compare the DigiTakt to the MPC Live is because I’m considering one or the other for my future live setup. Both have their plus and minus’s. With the DT I’ll use with Overbridge and Ableton live, this will be a complete and powerful setup. With the MPC Live I’ll get a similar feature set but in a way more compact portable package with tighter midi abilities but no Elektron mojo. The price point is very comparable. Still have 2/3 months to think about it. Right now I’m leaning MPC.

3 Likes

Haha true, I personally prefer the Digitakt branding above the screen though. Maybe that will change, as you point out, the labelling and operational mechanics are still being worked through.

1 Like

Really like it! OB support with MIDI Editor should be fine.
I sold my octa last month because of the lack of MIDI producing. (Everytime I hate to write my midi notes on trigs) please do some editor thing for MIDI :sleepy:
Hope, there will be some poly…
Thanks Elektron

And please…
Midi Import :nerd:

1 Like

this image is likely to be a render , the highlight across the screen is a little too clean.
judging that render for pixel count on the screen may not be so accurate unless the shader/texture used was setup properly.

as there are no optional screen types, it seems a little pointless to discuss alternatives.
I’m quite sure it fulfils its function.

i noticed on a few other photos there are options for loop , start and end points , so it may do more than 1 shot sample triggering / pitch up/down. hopefully you can assign velocity to a few things too.

Thats exactly it. Boxes with few features / limitations require you to use more of them to achieve complexity when you need it. and this involves a lot of hassle (cables, getting everything in sync - the need for midi thru boxes, etc. etc.). the ideal Elektron Machine for me would be a combination of the Rytm, the A4 and the OT so that i can use everything at once !! I own all three of them but i barely manage to do some great jams on two of them at the same time - my brain is not able to handle it :smiley: i am WAY more creative when the machine im using offers the most one can get. keeping it nice and steady in one place. because i only have two hands …

Trig Conditions are great with the Digitakt but really - the more i think about it the more im not so keen on spending 630 € - just for that. because i have the OT already. the MPC Live however could be kind of a dream to come true. unless creating patterns in a step sequencer way is the same hassle it was on the Roland MC909 - which i sold 2 days after i bought it ^^ but lets hope its as easy as putting a step into the sequencer where you need it - like you said @Callofthevoid

Im waiting for Musikmesse to try those things out. Lets see if Elektron is also there. Atm i cant find them in the list …

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Rytm & Strom - Does anyone know if Strom is compatible with iOS 10?

While a chromatic mode appears to be present, a personal wish is for polyphonic voice allocation and pitch tracking LFOs. While this strays outside the ‘drum computer & sampler’ brief, it would potentially make the Digitakt a mighty fine little synth with some single cycle wave files on board. :ecstatic:

3 Likes

With no synth options , I won’t be buying it
I’ll stick with the ar, sds and ableton
For those who buy it , enjoy the new elektron - it should be fun👍

1 Like

there might be a synth. we really don’t know enough yet.

different functionality on one machine, can increase the difficulty of working with different machines at the same time.
if a machine has les functions, it will be easier to work with different machines.

this, combined with the expensiveness of the machines, which decreases the amount of people that will step in…

is a reason to make a full integrated line of new machines… all simple but together feeling like one machine… Easier to step in and get addicted to buy them all, easier to play them all together as one machine.

There probably isn’t.