Introducing Digitakt

I found some of the comments here to be way too early in assumptions and doubts. At <$700 it really doesn’t matter if you’ve got all of the previous machines and can’t figure out what it replaces or where it’ll fit-in. I think this may be a great entry level unit for some users and a great addition for experienced users.

Just relax.

2 Likes

Drumbrute ain’t gonna hit like the AR. I would think twice about that move.

1 Like

Except for the super crunchy sample sound the MDUW can deliver.

The quickest way to get samples on the MD is to sample directly into it. Best method by far.

What are DT dimensions? Is it half size OT?

i think same size as the AH, other would be not so wise

btw. a dealer listed the DT:

FACT

1 Like

I like the concept of what Elektron have unleashed with this Digitakt.
What I can’t get over is the styling.

Nice screen and it’s got the classic Elektron knobs … but what’s with those buttons with big clunky numbers printed on them. It reminds me od the Yamaha SU200 I used to have in around 2002.

http://www.vintagesynth.com/yamaha/su200.jpg

I’m presuming that it’s not just myself who sees the early Elektron silver machines and their newer black machines as great pieces of product design as well as being brilliant instruments.

I wasn’t a fan of the big dimpled dial on the HEAT when it was released but at least the heat looks more like the Elektron boxes we are used to seeing.

Maybe I’m just too picky. I am a graphic designer though so you can’t blame me :wink:
I’d just like to have seen the design for the Digitakt info/labeling a bit more refined and minimal like the rest of their range.

3 Likes

Now I like the MPC Live and I also like the Digitakt, but which is better?
There’s only one way to find out - FIIIGHT!

6 Likes

It was my first sampler, i did not remember about it, kind of nostalgia :slight_smile:

1 Like

bit cheeky that price gear4music.
can’t wait for it to be available tho :slight_smile:

wish it’s 16 tracks were free to be either audio or midi like the machinedrum. Im only gonna use maybe 2 midi tracks.
and I hope they make the lfo’s freely assignable between tracks like the machinedrum :slight_smile:
woop

I’d be surprised if it’s different than AH.

a more streamlined sampling as on the MD (this guy said in the vid)? What does this mean? I never had a MD?

More streamlined than the MD?! It’s official! You can use it as a looper!

Seriously, if they don’t utilize that aspect in their promo videos I’m going to be bewildered! Or if they can add code to make it so, even better chances of selling this thing.

Live looper with sample playing/tweaking, light sound editing with a magnificent midi sequencer for 650. Brilliant box!

So all that spacey reverb sounds in the teaser is going to be achievable with this box?

@Ess any comment on the Digitakt effects / filter section ? Are you guys redesigning these for this machina?

looping would be pretty nice.

An old recording colleague of mine (helped me wire my old console 11 years ago) just happened to text me from the Elektron booth at NAMM.

I asked him to ask an Elektron official for specifics on whether or not the digitakt will have drum synthesis capabilities at all, “synthesis” being the operative word, since “computer” and “engine” are too vague.

his response:

6 Likes

Then surely it should be called a sampler.
I can put what I want into a sampler, that’s the idea.
Tongue in cheek, how dare Elektron dictate what source I use!

1 Like