Introducing Digitakt

Maybe a dumb question but can I send MIDI via USB to a synth (Craft by Modal Electronics) while also sending MIDI to other synths via a regular MIDI din cable?

Yes you can. As soon as you enable USB+MIDI.

1 Like

Itā€™s not a USB host so youā€™d have to via a computer or ios device, etc but yeah, it can send MIDI out via both ports.

2 Likes

so I can send MIDI IN/OUT from DT to an iPad like this?
DT > USB cable > CCK > iPad?

well thatā€™s a solutionā€¦ although I have to remember to do a quick save before the CTRL ALL
a config setting for enabling/disabling mute restore when using reload could be pretty useful for live performance

1 Like

LOLā€¦ I still havenā€™t removed my plastic. Dunno why. Doesnā€™t bother me for some reason on this unit where I always would normally take it off. I bet the screen would look even better thoughā€¦ hrm.

1 Like

saaaaame

I removed mine and regret it. Thereā€™s a small nick at the bottom edge from my fingernail.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

I take the screen protector off before turning it on.
Rituallyā€¦

3 Likes

Haha. I once knew this lady that got new carpet in her house, then covered the whole floor in plastic to protect the new carpet :loopy:
Sieze the day, live life on the edge and take the plastic off, you might get hit by a bus tomorrow

Headā€™s up USA peepsā€¦ Looks like Vintage King audio has them back in stock. This is who I got mine from and they are nothing but a pleasure to deal with!

https://vintageking.com/elektron-digitakt-drum-machine?gclid=CPOFquHop9UCFcO6wAodihUA2g

1 Like

Okay it starts :heart_eyes::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Is this:

Possible with digitakt and octatrack instead of analog 4?
Sorry if this was covered, this thread is insanely long!

1 Like

I have a noobie question with MIDI. I am using a synth module (Roland Boutique) with a midi keyboard (Keystep). How do I route the MIDI between those two and the DT to enter chords into the DTā€™s step sequencer in a MIDI track? Nothing I tried has worked.

1 Like

This has probably been up before, but can you trigger slices via midi? Ie, can you hook up a padcontroller to the digitakt and play/record sample slices MPC-style?

You have to setup DT auto Midi channel to e.g. 15
And keystep to the same value.

Then your DT channel must be set to e.g. 3 and your Boutique the same.

Everything must be set to receive MIDI e.g. on midi cable

3 Likes

Also, can you play slices from a sample with the digitakts own buttons? Like, could I capture a loop, set slice Points and then use the digitakts buttons to play slices, and record this playing into digitakts sequencer?

Thanks. Also, how do the cables go? Only the DT has MIDI Thru. Do I go keyboard (out) to DT (thru) to synth module (in)?

You just need to plug MIDI Out from the Keystep, into the MIDI in on the DT. Keystep should be set to use the MIDI channel of the Digitaktā€™s ā€œAuto channelā€, which is 14 by default. Then plug MIDI OUT DT into MIDI In of the Boutique. Set the Boutique and the MIDI track on the DT to use the same MIDI channel.

1 Like