Introducing Digitakt

Thanks Peter. :vulcan:

1 Like

Anyone know if it’s possible to shift octaves up/down when using the MIDI sequencer?

yes it is possible.

YO! What is the story on the digitakt? I see you are announcing OT Mk2 and I am stuck with a backorder slip for 3 months now!!! Please get your supply chain going!!!

i ordered my digitakt from elektron initially , when they started to pop up in stores they gave me a refund with no problems.

maybe its worth doing that.

1 Like

Same here

Thanks. Any advice on how to change octaves? The octave-change buttons on the DT don’t do anything on my external synths. Do I need set something up MIDI-wise?

Are you in chromatic mode when attempting to switch octaves on your external synth? I think you need to be if not. And, octave +/- won’t affect any trigs you have in the sequencer already.

No. Just wanting to shift octaves while a MIDI sequence is running.I can’t shift octaves on the synth itself either when it is being sequenced by the DT.

You can’t shift the octave of a whole track in the sequencer with the octave arrow keys, unfortunately.

you could use the tune encoder on the SRC page??

@AdamJay any news on that RYTM pack u mentioned?

All recorded.
Still compiling.

if its a chord you could change note 2,3,4 up an octave and it’ll do it quite quickly.
but if notes are locked then maybe you could try pitchbend , or tweak the synth you are triggering.

sloppy description incoming…

i dont own a nord drum but im considering one. im trying to figure if its possible to play into the digitakt sequencer from the pads, but then it should be midi sequenced… so as far as retaining the sounds/patterns played in, and NOT midi sequencing… well i dont get to play anything in from the nord drum pads without redoing it manually by sampling each instrument and the digtakt andusing its keys do i? any feedback is greatly appreciated… i used to be a drummer, so playing anything in will be VERY fast, but i dont want to run a leash to/midi sequence anything for live performance.

besides that, has anyone been midi sequencing a nord drum unit WITH the nord drum pads, playing into the digitakt sequencer?

as long as the pads on digitakt send note out messages, you should be fine, as you can assign note in values on the ND2.

albeit you won’t have velocity on the digitakt pads directly, you will have to sequence in velocity values after recording the notes.

in addition to velocity you will have CCs.

i use the extremely popular rhythm wolf :loopy: to sequence the nordrum2. it has velocity sensitive pads, sort of. but it can’t sequence CCs.

as to recording the external pads for ND2 on the digitakt, i don’t know… i don’t own digitakt.

P.S. another great option for sequencing AND recording norddrum MIDI data is octatrack.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

7 Likes

Very cute combi DT & Peak! :heart_eyes:

And this… ( for all those too busy / lazy to monitor their internet)
(also this guy is most splendid, check out his OP1 oeuvre)

11 Likes