Introducing Digitakt

haha what?

No. This is a wind-up by a certain forum member.

5 Likes

arrghhghghhg trolled

I connected my digitakt to the mac book pro with the usb cable, to load the samples, but it does not recognize it. The Mac OS is updated to: 10.12.4 MacOs Sierra.
Why this problem,
Please Help me

at least there wasn’t any rick involved, so, everything’s cool… hope so?

power down the mac. disconnect all other external interfaces.

then connect Digitakt. switch Digitakt on, then the mac.

enjoy connectivity.

Mine finally arrived yesterday. It’s not the best time for me to give any opinions as It’s a very stressful time for my family at the moment. I literally had 20 mins with it.
What I will say is that quality wise it’s not what I expected. Feels inferior to the solid smoothness of my OT. Coating on encoders feels cheaper somehow.
The screen is great and much easier to see how/what your tweaks are effecting. I’m still new to the OT and I dunno but prefer the workflow on it - I don’t really know how to do anything on the DT yet and purposefully did not read the manual to see how much more easy it is.

Like I said too early for me to judge, but 1st impressions are meh. I’m off work next week so hoping to have time to properly explore

Patience is your ally here. I’ve had every Elektron (with the exception of the SID Station) at some point, and for me, the Digitakt feels the most immediate – it’s up there with the non-UW Machinedrum.

I would like to see some tweaks to the UI (for instance, I’m not feeling the current implementation of the Global vs. Pattern mutes), but all in all, I think it’s possible to get very fast with this one.

2 Likes

Later I do as you said; I tried to connect DK to windows7 and it all works correctly (elektron transfer);
Thanks for everything

2 Likes

Sure can, hit the src button twice.

1 Like

Was the Digitakt supposed to ship with this protective lid?

1 Like

you can buy one for fifty buckaroos american. so, i think no.

1 Like

Oh.
Well then!
Thanks for the info.

Is there a way to see how much free space I have on my Digitakt? I uploaded a bunch of samples but I have no idea how much free space it has available.

2 Likes

Had fun playing around with one sample to make a beat … great way to learn the OS :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Is anyone getting Screen flashing when scrolling samples src?
Like a glitch flash, also on lfo destination

Try the bug reports thread https://www.elektronauts.com/t/dt-bug-reports-os-1-02

this.

18 Likes

nice, that’s the stuff

Nice! From Elektron or Kinko’s?