Introducing Digitakt

Vocal is from SP404, everything else is Digitakt :yum:

2 Likes

Woo hoo! Mine has just been delivered! Iā€™m at work today but my wife has just taken delivery of it. Iā€™ll be home tomorrow looking after the baby so I might actually get a chance to have a play. I donā€™t have any other hardware (just a laptop with Sunvox & Ableton) so Iā€™m super excited.

Iā€™ve also bought a Korg PlugKey and MIDI cable so that I can use the Digitakt to trigger stuff on my iPhone and route the audio into the Digitaktā€¦ I really hope mine has been assembled wellā€¦:grimacing:

I own A4, and was considering DT, but it looks like there are many software bugs and some problems with buttons .

I never had any bigger issues with A4 , it is excellent build quality and OS is stable.

Do you think it is different with DT ? Or this is just few people having problems? In another words, do you think DT is not on the same level as my A4? I like the sound of DT, otherwise I would go for OT.

OS 1.02 was released yesterday. have a look.

It is early in the life of the DT. It seems highly likely that the problems will be fixed soon.

Using the Analog Four as an example, the first batch had problems with flaky panel finish and many firmware bugs were fixed over time.

1 Like

Nice. Sounds really niceā€¦ This comment on your video amused me: Dang your first beat makes my first beat on the Digitakt sound like a dog running through a drum store.

1 Like

Yeah that made me laugh too! Like I said, to be fair, Iā€™m well versed in operating the AR so this comes pretty naturally :grinning:

anyone know if there is a way to zoom in while trying to adjust a long sample start and end? NOT on the sampling page, but once you load a sample that is long. It kind of sucks having a long sample chain, but once you assign it to a pad, you cant zoom in to get the exact start point you want.

1 Like

I am interested in that as well. Must be a way to fine tune start-end position after you arrange samples in sequencer

there are, mine froze up a couple of times last night. hopefully theyā€™ll be ironed out soon.

I reordered one, and it should be arriving this weekend. I feel like I have too many samplers, but I really want to play with this one. Thatā€™s about all the justification that is necessary for a guy like me.

4 Likes

Yes, I know A4 had some issues in the beginning, but nothing like freezing once an hour. I hope they will fix it soon ā€¦

1 Like

Mine didnt freeze since 1.02

thanks, good news, i would like too have one once its mature :slight_smile:

Mine froze last night on 1.02!

1 Like

bummer :frowning:

Mine has frozen more times than I count since 1.02 when itā€™s receiving MIDI. Otherwise, it doesnā€™t freeze.

1 Like

quick review from about 3 days.

good box , good screen.
straight forward to get head around.
p-locking , as usual , is great.
transferring samples / using them is easy , its what iā€™ve been looking for (using mac & usb)
buttons / encoders are good (assuming you update to 1.02)

using midi and polyphonic note stuff is ok .setting route note and offset works quite well
if you want to specify each of the 4 notes you can do it too. they all share the same parameters except note (length,velocty etc).
setting up midi ccā€™s for external gear is easy ,

not so good.
firmware is buggy
if you see a review that doesnā€™t mention it , its a little suspicious unless they have more advanced firmware.
it can work for hours, can crash for what seems to be no reason.
its not bad because it hasnt got 100ā€™s of filters , reverbs , no compressor, no song modeā€¦ none were promised as far as i know so i cant complain its not doing things it was never supposed it , though some are very useful (song mode etc).

in short , grab now if your an early adopter and willing to deal with early issues.
Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d do any heavy tweaking playing it live.
its a very capable box , especially doing glitchy electronic , live mangling.
its a good intro to elektron workflow leading to rytm and analog 4

Iā€™m thinking itā€™ll replace my engine, circuit , micro granny and possibly some synths (once i dig into waveforms)
but will wait till its less prone to crashing doing basic things .this must surely be simpler to do firmware than rytm/octatrack so i suspect itā€™ll be fine at some point soon.

1 Like

Mine froze loading a sample