Introducing Digitakt

The drive sounds REALLY good! The filter too. I love this thing so much I’m eyeing a Heat to go next to it. If I decide to pass on the MPC Live, I’ll probably pick up a Heat instead. I’m going to wait a few months to decide though.

4 Likes

Just tried it. Thanks!

One question, it only works when the sequencer is playing, correct? So it’s more of a programmed thing, rather than something you could mess around with live without a track going.

hmm on DT I think so yeah! On Rytm there is a dedicated retrig button which you can use live…

2 Likes

Is there a way to have a “slot Trig Mode” like in the octatrack ? I don’t find it in the manual.
Thanks

I don’t have one but the manual says there’s a retrig lock switch in the retrig menu that when turned on will activate retrig anytime the active track trig key is pressed…
Also fill is a condition you plock on trigs and then those ones only sound when you hold down the fill button (not in grid recording mode) or yes+fill makes all the fill condition trigs play on the next pattern cycle…
There’s also a not fill condition which makes trigs not sound when fill is activated…

2 Likes

DT and Heat are dope.

2 Likes

Tried multiple times last night. Didn’t work.

2 Likes

Huh? Oh well, seems it should eventually…

1 Like

Yeah, seems it isn’t implemented. This launch is borderline sketchy :smiley: ah well, seems like they’re pretty much on top of stuff not yet implemented.

2 Likes

Yeah, for an Elektron noob, it’s a bit hard to distinguish between bugs, things that aren’t implemented yet, and things that are there, but I just can’t figure out how to use. :smile_cat:

It’s really good we have this forum!

7 Likes

I received an e-mail from my dealer saying that I was in for the next batch on June 21 and 1/2 hour later saying sorry, my mistake, your DT should be shipping tomorrow!
Roller coaster of the week

2 Likes

Same boat! I’m picking new things up as I make patterns… learning as I go and man haven’t even touched the midi side yet😜

1st beat! 30 mins in. This thing is amazing

8 Likes

this thing is amazing… i really like it.
new to elektron and the from the brief play i’ve had it all clicks pretty well. makes sense mostly.
just copying my samples and updating OS now :smile:

1 Like

One of my trig keys gets stuck when pressed from a certain angle. I pressed it many times but the problem remains.

Also, my screen has some tiny scratches on it and one of the edges looks like it’s not glued properly.

Should I just return it to the retailer I bought it from? I guess I’ll have to wait a looooong time before I get another unit…

first beat on digitakt…
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVE4nGDDFXQ/

5 Likes

Dope! Kool Keith :heart_eyes:

1 Like

How long was that vocal sample? I understood previously that the maximum length is 33 sec which makes putting together tracks like that a bit difficult.

Looked like the vocal came from the Sp404?

1 Like