Introducing Digitakt

by the beard of nicodemus! it is as you say! the very undercarriage of this mystical vessel of light and sound, laid betwixt the earth and sky! blessed am i, mine eyes not deceiving me. such fantasy in flesh! i am made glad and may be loosed of this burden born in query.

6 Likes

I bought the official Elektron lid from Juno. It is the same lid used for the Analogue Heat.

Fits perfectly.

2 Likes

Will this also fix the ā€œno factory samplesā€ issue?

one of the buttons is a bit less ā€˜responsiveā€™ than the rest. What I mean is that when pressed it does not immediately return to 100% of the height it used to have unless I press it a few more times. Barely noticeable but does annoy me when playing in chromatic mode.
Wonder if this is easy to fix without sending the device for repair.

Mine was doing the same. Button 15. I pressed it repeatedly and it seems to have fixed things for now though still a little sluggish.

funnily enough it is button 15 on my device as well.

thatā€™s interesting, they said they did improve the hardware parts and what not ā€¦

Is there a way to do rolls, something like note repeat on the MPC? I see Fill listed on one of the buttons but havenā€™t been able to sort it out.

thereā€™s retrig - hold a trig, then press arrow-up.

3 Likes

Thanks. Iā€™m at work, but will experiment when I get home. Out of curiosity, can you choose parameters like 16th, 32nd notes, etc?

yeah, goes up to 1/80ā€¦ also has a velocity ramp, and overall length.

5 Likes

Woo hoo! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I finally preordered mine :slight_smile:
After watching all the demos I was going to wait for bridge so I can send audio through USB as I find that as a must BUT my sweetwater rep notified me about 10% discount when purchasing with their gift card so I couldnā€™t pass especially that I got it at a lower price to begin with.
My setup is missing a drum machine and after seeing what people do with it Iā€™m super excited.
2 weeks of YT drooling.
My first elektron too so really excited.

Not sure if this is what you are experiencing but I found this:
Scroll to the bottom of the topic or below I copied the solution:

Posted by CPU:
ā€œā€¦Yes, to access sample in SRC menu : turn the encoder to select a new sample slot, and press [FUNC] + Yes to browse +Drive
I think there will be a fix as mentioned above for those getting the +drive has no sounds messageā€¦ā€

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/digitakt-factory-samples-missing/40036/41

This year was going to be the year I buy no new gearā€¦ SP404SX+Digitakt so farā€¦ Been eyeing off that Strymon BigSky tooā€¦

Next yearā€¦

2 Likes

Nice run down - what about the overdrive how is that sounding, and the filter?
Say in comparison to md mm ot AR A4
Sounds to me like itā€™s a lot more analogish the filter and overdrive than the previous dig filters and distortion

1 Like

And . . . mine is here :pl:
See you guys in 6 months

6 Likes

this was the same on my button 4. It seems that he rubber coating may be a little thick and catching the metal sides just a bit. The tolerances are pretty tight, so just a tiny amount off will make the button stick. I had to just sit there and press the button hundreds of times until is kind of wore down and started returning back to 100% quickly like the other buttons.

pretty annoying really. Im not really impressed with the build quality. I own all the other boxes and they feel way more solid, even the most recent Heat feels like a more solid build than the DT.

Thanks.

I donā€™t have any experience with the old gen machines, and very limited experience with the A4. Iā€™ve got some with the Rytm and plenty with the OT, though.

I canā€™t really say, as far as your question is concerned. Iā€™m still getting to know the filters and the overdrive, learning their characteristics and where they shine. Like most of Elektronā€™s stuff, thereā€™s no instant gratification. You need to poke around, to find the gold, though given the more defined purpose of the Digitakt, thereā€™s less places to look.

1 Like

Filter sounds much more Moogy than my OT/AK from vids. Not the best way to get an idea of something but sounds promising :slight_smile: I have very little idea what Iā€™m talking about really tho and just going by ear from what Iā€™ve heard of DT (and moog vidsā€¦) so far. Seems a nice step forward in the algos tho - filter/pitch/drive. I have a feeling I might prefer this new filter and drive to the analog alternatives in my AK + the digital OT onesā€¦ Come on Elektron, OT2 teaser time? :wink:

1 Like