Introducing Digitakt

Cheers. No criticisms about the granularity of the sample start function, I just find it quicker in the long run to p-lock to a ‘snare’ sample when I want a snare, rather than scanning through and adjusting the start point.

thanks for clarifying - makes sense. I think I should get a tool like ReCycle to chop my loops. I am using Maschine today which works well but it won’t make my life easy if I want to export single hits as wav files.

i did the same. good free amen sample packs available…

works amazing! P lock variation… simple way to create good dnb basis

As you’re interested, here are all the samples I used.

Maybe we can get a Digitakt amen rinseout competition on here! I’ve processed the attached breaks a bit myself to get them sounding less roomy and more punchy, but this means they’re on the clean side. I’m going to try something rougher next time…

7 Likes

I had originally preordered at guitarguitar for £600. Cancelled but they said they were expecting them early part next week

Curious to know - is the DT labelled “made in Sweden”?

Anyone else experiencing the record button not flashing when initializing live recording?

Some times the record button doesn’t blink but I’m clearing live recording.

Too soon to know if it’s a bug or faulty hardware. Curious

Yes, mine is Made in Sweden.

1 Like
4 Likes

:grinning: Nice one :+1:

:thup: excellent

Same actually. I figured I was just missing something in the manual with the +drive and atm haven’t spent a lot of time outside of just using what was on the presets. Maybe someone in this thread knows what’s up?

Just a question. It goes off topic pretty quickly anyway.

Thanks buddy!

Yes and even if I wasn’t it would still be good form to keep things on topic :thup:

People flag posts that are not on topic, we have to look into things like that
We can review edits to posts as well

1 Like

Cool. Just wondering, my apologize if i was the only one that went off topic here. I saw the shield. Ill never do it again. :grin: Ill keep it relatable.

1 Like

very far from it … but it was flagged, so … gotta do the right thing :wink:

1 Like

On the OT, I can play MIDI into it from my keyboard to set the notes for a trig. Can this be done on DT? I can’t figure out how. Live recording of MIDI does work though.

I recall a discussion in the last few days suggesting some aspects of the live record (of chords perhaps) were not yet as they should/will be … normally you need to set the auto-channel for external input … maybe look over the ‘bugs’ thread

A bit of a noobie question: to receive MIDI clock from Ableton, do I just go MIDI out from audio interface to the DT?