Introducing Digitakt

Anyone aware of a non-OB way to transfer samples from DT to computer, the standalone app only does transfers to DT from computer?

1 Like

doesnā€™t exist yet. same situation as the Rytm but i hope they remedy this soon!

to not have some mechanism for getting data out of the +drive makes no sense to me. so, if you have a machine that gets stolen, breaks, or has some other issue, (or you want two of them w/ the same data) you simply lose all your work and samples?

1 Like

What I donā€™t understand is , How are people going to finish tracks when you cannot stem out your audio tracks ā€˜until later in the yearā€™??

2 Likes

Record them track by track, or do the mixing as much as you can within DT. Itā€™s not like it is completely impossible to build tracks the way it is. You can adjust levels on it etcā€¦

1 Like

Just chiming in on Sweetwater order- mine arrived and shipped this morning. Should be here tomorrow.

1 Like

Easily. Mix inside the box. Each track has a level, filter and pan.

Check out some of @AdamJayā€™s work. Surprisingly awesome for not stemming out individual tracks.

1 Like

Depends on the track.
Most projects lately I stem it out with Qu-Pac then mix in Live. like on Maxia Zeta album.

But Corpora album was mostly OP-1, and all mixed to a stereo track.

1 Like

Something I couldnā€™t tell from the manual. Can you have the metronome playing when you are in sampling mode? Also, can you have the track playing? Iā€™m wondering what my options are for sampling in instruments in time.

90% of my music is just taking the stereo outs from a few Elektron boxes into stereo channels on my mixer. Occasionally, I will put a kick or bass on its own channel, or other elements to that want a little extra fx, but thats more the exception than the rule. I generally think these instruments sound best that way, if you pay attention to how the internal gain staging affects the sound. Most of the time I donā€™t even multi track that, just record the 2bus thru a compressor or eq if I need.

1 Like

Favorite demo so far.

Wish folks would post more videos jamming instead of tutorials. Seems like more of something you gotta get ur hands on to learn than learning from a manual or video. But maybe thatā€™s just me.

And to anyone who ordered from perfect circuit they said they just got confirmation that theyā€™re en route and should arrive in the next day or so.

Really excited to get mine. gonna be the centerpiece of my setup and feel it will be for some time to come.

1 Like

This sounds like music to my ears. I was wondering when they were receiving that shipment.

1 Like

Strange seeing the Sweetwater folks getting shipping notices. I was told I was in the first batch pre-order back in April. Anyone order in April and get shipping notice?
I just shot an email to my guy over there also.

Iā€™m March 25th, but nothing yet.

Iā€™m sorry if this is a dumb question, but Iā€™ve seen a few messages around saying that you canā€™t sample while on playblack mode, so I just wonderedā€¦ I guess you canā€™t sequence a synth with Digitakt and sample it at the same time?
letā€™s say for example I want to send a MIDI track with a chord to a synth, and sample it so I can transpose it as a sampleā€¦ is this possible?

1 Like

I think tutorials are more useful. Good producers can make cool sounding stuff on any gear, so someone jamming and it sounding good is just an advertisement for the gear that may be misleading. The only thing that really matters across all ability levels is the features and workflow, not how good a very talented producer can make something with it on the fly.

1 Like

??? you canā€™t record from the midi keyboard to the sequence? oh reallyā€¦
(around 10:15)

4 Likes

I see what ur saying.

Tutorials definitely are useful Iā€™m just over the whole ā€œthis button changes a trackā€

ā€œThis is how you change the pitchā€
Type intro videos. But once again honestly Iā€™m just being bitter because I donā€™t have one in my hands yet lol

1 Like

This may have already been covered but I hear u can only record 4 note chords which is cool. But is it possible to do it with the DT itself or do you need to record midi data from a midi keyboard?

Like can the DTā€™s keyboard record chords or does t have a chord mode