Introducing Digitakt

If you look in the manual under note parameter it shows that it has values -24 to +24, if you look at the tun parameter it shows that it has values between -24.00 and 24.00. Fine tun is in the .00’s… :diddly:

3 Likes

Obviously, but they don’t precise how to dial whole semi-tones, or cents…

have to say its a bit funny watching everyone freak out over functions that have been available on the OT and other boxes for years now… especially since they are implemented here with even less variables to mess with

maybe it truly is a gateway drug…

still interested to see the next box tho - seems like one of the elektron guys said they had a lot of stuff coming out soon…

5 Likes

Re: midi, it’d be nice if they had a cc lsb for tun. Maybe the nrpn is the jam but I’ve never used it?
Also I wonder if function+tun knob snaps to integers? :thinking:

Sorry I quit CC and LSD. :smile:

2 Likes

Which functions, and were these available all in a single box?

oh yeh… Octatrack has all this and much more… sample lock, sample start (by slice or step), sample length, sample stretch, note repeat, note repeat rate… all p-lockable, or modifiable by LFO or scene morphing… etc… LFO has custom shapes that can basically be another step sequencer in themselves that loops, or goes one shot, or ramps, or plays back forwards, etc… it can change rate via knob or another LFO or scene morphing, etc.

its far more complex… and far more complicated too, but that goes with the territory - its not inscrutable, just takes some real effort

just look thru the manual if you want to know more

I’d still rather have a DT over an OT, personally.

1 Like

yeh well i doubt you are alone… which is why the DT exists

OT isnt for everyone - thats for sure

1 Like

Thanks for the summary :slight_smile:

The thing holding me back from OT is its workflow, buttons and screen in combination with the price tag. I’m going to hope for a OT mkii and will enjoy my digitakt until then :slight_smile:

yea welllll.

DT has the hi-res controls - the precise editing is really nice.

Conditional sequencing, esp for MIDI. Also out to USB…

Even tho the sound engine is pretty similar to sample playback on Rytm, it sounds quite different. Would love some straight comparison, using the same sample/settings/sequence in both machines actually…

For some, hardware aesthetics don’t play such a huge role… but I imagine if you learn the DT inside out (shouldn’t take long!) it’s gonna be more of an adorable little companion… UI is just nice.

3 Likes

I tried live recording in chromatic mode earlier but when I played it back there was no sound. The trigs had been recorded to the sequencer but there was no playback. Any suggestions?

It’s not so much about esthetics as it is about how the OT works. Really it’s workflow. Part of that is the ui, and hardware I guess yeah. I imagine I could work with it, but DT has a couple of features I really like, conditional tries is one.

Overbridge support is another big plus for me. As recording all 8 tracks into a DAW is something I really need.

But the things you point out do make a lot of sense, and I’m hoping a OT mkii will be made some day. Let’s hope so :slight_smile:

1 Like

15 posts were split to a new topic: Digitakt “Kit” Structure. How is it different?

Technically it’s 4 sequential CC messages, it’s very likely that those devices set up 2 automatically behind the scenes allowing you to set the destination with the other pair :thup:

2 Likes

It’s never even crossed my mind to switch to DT from OT… :happy: But I’m me… :smile_cat:
It has become my new morning crossword puzzle to solve riddles from a strange manual to a device I’ve never seen… :panda: I am interested in it out of curiosity but if I ever get one it won’t be anytime soon and it will join the OT instead of replace it… :monkey_face:

3 Likes

sorry, if it is in the manual, but the word trig is mentioned more than 300 times in it… :slight_smile:
Is there an information available, how many trig conditions can be stacked on one step?

That’s simple, it’s one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

muhaha … :slight_smile:
that is simple…
So I will not be able to make a larger reverb AND a filter setting on one step?

ah that you can do for sure! that’s a parameter lock. The condition is basically just another parameter which you can also lock to a step.

4 Likes