Introducing Digitakt

The presets are very cool, good equalization stamp :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I heard from someone from Elektron that the function mentioned by Cenk wasnā€™t added yet. I suppose he could have been mistaken, but my guess is that there is a different function to the one you are describing coming in a later update.

1 Like

Oh I donā€™t know, but they have a track record of adding on to their machines so weā€™ll see where it goes

Anyone know when the new overbridge is coming out?

I hope there will be better solutions, eventually external midi control for rec/stop, a special Rec Trig on a regular Track or midi trackā€¦
Maybe my number one on wishlist.

1 Like

There is fine tune, but I donā€™t know how you set it.
Someone ?

whatā€™s confuses me; as per the manual page 37:-

11.3.1 TUN
Tune sets the pitch of the sample in chromatic semitones. To move faster, press the knob while turningit. The knob works in a bipolar fashion, and a value of 0 leaves the pitch unchanged. (-24.00ā€“+24.00, equivalent to four octaves.)

Some confirmation by someone who has one would be great

1 Like

I didnā€™t see the waveform display for active track anywhere in this one. From the supebooth videos it seemed like any time Cenk selected a track it showed the sample waveform. I hope that view is not for the sample buffer only. Someone who has one confirm!

1 Like

In the manual, waveform display seems to correspond to SRC PAGE 2.

SRC PAGE 2 Same parameters as on SRC page 1 but with a graphical representation of the parameters. Press [SRC] twice to access this parameter page.

3 Likes

Yup that was it! Pg 38. I RTFM!

2 Likes

Yep. I saw this searching for fine tuneā€¦:confused:

no standalone fine-tune parameterā€¦

like on Rytm, you can use the note value on the trig page for your melodies, if you want to change semitones only.

The tune parameter on the sample page should be high-res, if you turn it slowly you should be able to fine tune a sampleā€¦

3 Likes

In that case the manual is confusingā€¦

11.3.1 TUN Tune sets the pitch of the sample in chromatic semitones. To move faster, press the knob while turning it. The knob works in a bipolar fashion, and a value of 0 leaves the pitch unchanged. (-24.00ā€“+24.00, equivalent to four octaves.)

And so there no possibility to fine tune via midi CC ?

mhhmmā€¦ think you have to do it with NRPN (which is a command consisting of a sequence of 4 CC messages). I donā€™t have much experience with MIDI controllers, is it common that they can send NRPN? Also DAWs such as Live? Like, it would be trivial to make a Max4Live device which sends NRPN, but not sure if itā€™s built in?

1 Like

yeh youre rightā€¦ you can ā€œsaveā€ kit data to +drive - but you can only ā€œreloadā€ kit data within the same patternā€¦ cant just ā€œloadā€ it up somewhere else, or import/export kit data to another pattern

seems weird to have this function if its already saving the sounds with the patternā€¦ i guess its just giving you an option to save only sounds and not sequence edits

hmm :confused:

FYI from D Franzoā€™s youtube comments @www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-njoyB9rh0

The last comment in bold is particularly encouragingā€¦:loopy:

"Played around a little more with chromatic mode for samples. It only allows for 4 octaves (+0, -12, -24, +12) of change from the original sample ā€“ equivalent to the extents of the +/-24 Tune limits. This applies to both playing the trig buttons as well as incoming MIDI notes. Notes outside of that range will just not play anything. The Tune parameter contributes to this range limit, so if you tune +12, and you change the keyboard octave to +12, any note you hit will trigger the same pitch since it has gone past the +12 overall limit. Maybe this is a limitation of the sampling engine.

You can live record input from your MIDI keyboard. Quantizing can be applied per note after the recording using microtiming, or per track using the quantize page, and you can use live record quantization. In terms of the type of MIDI data it will record, I only tested notes and not CC values. Velocity is recognized and recorded which is nice. Each track will receive notes on MIDI channels 1-8 respectively (configurable), and you can assign an ā€œautoā€ channel (14 by default) that will trigger whatever the active track is.

Jason V I wanted to record this as soon as I opened it haha. There are actually 16 demo songs, I should have just lined then all up since each one really shows off the complexity of the sequencer. Iā€™ll post another more in depth one to answer some other comments about sequencing external gear using my Monologue and Heat as an example, and perhaps resampling it back in.

Iā€™ve sequenced my Monologue. It works great, although that synth is monophonic so I canā€™t take advantage of the 4 note chords the Digitakt can play. Revising this comment to say that you CAN create trigless P-Locks to send just CC data without a note. Very cool to create movement with another track that could be playing at a different time signature.ļ»æ"

2 Likes

Also from todays interwebs:

2 Likes

That scroll list for sample selection looks - Iā€™ll just say it crap

2 Likes

Has anyone used the sample transfer app yet? How is that working?

1 Like

Apparently 2 Cc messages are enough for NRPN.
Not that common for midi controllers. Ok with UC33, BS3X, maybe BRC2000ā€¦

Donā€™t know for DAWS, didnā€™t try.

1 Like