Introducing Digitakt

I think it is there… from the manual i understand that you just reload a pattern ( there’s a reload pattern button to the left of the arrow keys) and that would return it to the saved state… so you save ti the way you like it, mess around then reload… @Ryan as BPM is saved with a pattern that would also restore bpm.

3 Likes

Yeah works fine, dont really want to send it back, rather just take the front off and swap them

1 Like

Be carefully. Opening it could void the warranty. Would be stupid to void the warranty for a mistake by elektron :slight_smile:

But if you open it, make pictures of the inside :smiley:

yeah thats what I figured

i guess this speaks of lovingly assembled by hand (maybe by a frazzled overworked team pushing to a tight deadline) … but oh my what a screw up!!

I am mixed about them. Earlier today we were talking on the precision of the machine. And for me the knob sensitivity means accepting values that are “somewhere” near the number I want because it’s a bit hard to land spot on (even going real slow like). Maybe others are getting along fine with the knob sensitivity. I would prefer a slower roll thru values overall.

Agreed, I can get whole values with FUNC or press to click and then turn but id like coarser knob sensitivity

1 Like

I don’t see why they don’t just put a few different knob behaviour/response curve options in settings :confused: It seems to be something that people have different preferences for and it’s a huge part of the UI/‘feel’ of using Elektron gear…

Personally I just want ‘normal’ knobs like almost every other piece of gear out there…

2 Likes

Thanks but that’s same as OT and it’s clunky. I mean ‘auto’ audition… So each sample plays while you scroll on it. Is that an option in settings perhaps?

Knobs feel a bit weird coming from other Elektron but you adapt.
For me what would have made more sense is

• natural : integer increments
  • Func+knob : small increments
  • Push+knob : big values
    Other alternative : “magnetize” integer values…
4 Likes

whoa

Yeah those knob response settings as default or in options (on all boxes!) would be great :slight_smile:

How you feeling on DT so far dude? Really interested on people’s feedback re the new filter/distortion/ui/workflow/fx etc…

@hoppy DON’T open it up … support may be able to tell you if the button caps are the same as on the Analog series / OT etc

If so, then they can be prized up off the button safely, just use a pair of pliers protected with insulating tape at the end and grip two closest sides and pull straight up, gently

Do not attempt unless this has been confirmed as viable by support

I’m 99% sure this will be a piece of cake if you are steady and careful not to scratch anything

I’ve done it a few times on my boxes, never peeled the lid off any !

3 Likes

Thanks for this, really good to hear, Ive got a support ticket with Elektron, Ill def wait for their advice

2 Likes

6666 :imp:

3 Likes

I went looking in the settings on the box (just fiddling without the manual ATM) and was surprised to see nothing in regards to “feel.” I’ll adapt plenty fine with use but for now it means getting to 48.67 and accepting 46.00 probably won’t sound audibly different in the mix.

Some thoughts in whatever order : I love the sound of it : you can get really powerful beats !
UI wise there are a few things I have to report to enhance the workflow.
Midi bug is the only I encountered, it’s gonna disappear soon I guess.
Saving patterns + kit in the same time is very good.
Wish I could paste a pattern on a new position same as Analog series.
One thing I love : pressing four buttons and set for all of them velocity or condition at the same time.
Ctrl-al and reload works, so glad to find this combo again. It’s less powerful than on MD though, as you have same parameters everywhere.
Can’t wait to try it with my own samples.
Resampling is not that easy on the fly.
I miss OT Rec trigs.
This and the THRU+FX track…

Overall it’s really good.
But I feel like there will be at least one major update that would make it really big.
As a drum machine, at least, it’s really powerful as is !

14 Likes

Thank you for sharing.
I’m still waiting for mine and I’m not the only one …:relaxed:

Digitakt-User-Manual_ENG.pdf (1.7 MB)

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your initial thoughts on it mate :slight_smile: Enjoy!

Wow! how did that get past quality control? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like